+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a pr as an International Student in Canada

Rana Karmakar

May 29, 2017
Hello mates,
Greetings of the day.

I am moving to canada in this August 2017.
My study visa is already stamped.

My question is : " Can I apply under FSWP in Express Entry for PR , before moving there and the study visa already stamped on my passport ?"

In this way by the time i passout the PR could be obtained.

All of yours suggestions are welcome.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Hello mates,
Greetings of the day.

My question is : " Can I apply under FSWP in Express Entry for PR , before moving there and the study visa already stamped on my passport ?"

Yes you can apply, Even you can apply from here also as an Inland FSW. Apply from there and then update them your new address in Canada.

Reactions: Rana Karmakar

Rana Karmakar

May 29, 2017
Yes you can apply, Even you can apply from here also as an Inland FSW. Apply from there and then update them your new address in Canada.
Thanks a lot for this information.

The NOC code under which I can apply now from India is different from what I am planning to study in canada and find a job afterwards. As I understand is, after working 6 months on PGWP I will have to apply either in PNP or CEC and WP. In this way the PR may take more than an year to arrive. Hence after passing out in next year, another two years will be just gone to get a PR (that too a conditional one in case of PNP).

Seeking your opinion in this regard .

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Thanks a lot for this information.

The NOC code under which I can apply now from India is different from what I am planning to study in canada and find a job afterwards. As I understand is, after working 6 months on PGWP I will have to apply either in PNP or CEC and WP. In this way the PR may take more than an year to arrive. Hence after passing out in next year, another two years will be just gone to get a PR (that too a conditional one in case of PNP).

Seeking your opinion in this regard .
1 year. Eligibility of CEC and FSW is at least 1 year of work

Rana Karmakar

May 29, 2017
I have a total 6 years of work experience In India and Middle east.
But my previous experience was for construction background and now I am going to study PGDM on Project Management.
If I put NOC code for Civil Engineer and get a PR under FSWP by the time I complete my study in next One year, May I do/ get other jobs than of the NOC code for which I got the PR ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no restriction that you must work in your primary NOC code once you receive PR.

You can work in whichever field you'd like. You could be Batman for all IRCC cares.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
There is no restriction that you must work in your primary NOC code once you receive PR.

You can work in whichever field you'd like. You could be Batman for all IRCC cares.
What's the NOC code for Batman? :D

Rana Karmakar

May 29, 2017
Hah hah :D.

Guys I m really in a dilemma!

Will it be better if I start the process from India and by this may get a PR by next year before completing the course.

It may save two years of time.
But yes then I would loose the score for having a canadian education in the CRS.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your score is good enough right now then apply for PR.

Also, the process takes about 6 months for 80% of the applications via Express Entry.

Rana Karmakar

May 29, 2017
Yes I don't know if I can submit my passport for 6 months to CIC for stamping the PR or not when I am studying there in Canada.

But anyways my preliminary queries are answered by you guys and I am really thankful for this.

Can anyone help me getting a employers' referral letter draft copy should available with you .

Alfredo Madagascar

May 14, 2017
Hello mates,
Greetings of the day.

pp
Yes I don't know if I can submit my passport for 6 months to CIC for stamping the PR or not when I am studying there in Canada.

But anyways my preliminary queries are answered by you guys and I am really thankful for this.

Can anyone help me getting a employers' referral letter draft copy should available with you .
Hi,
Congratulation!!
Please I'm applying for student visa this month so can you help me with your SOP letter so that i can read through and do mine.This my Email:acheampongalfred69@gmail.com
I will be more grateful for your help