+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a job offer

feline

Jan 31, 2007
I am interested in migrating to Canada. However, the last time I checked on the requirements, I have realized that I need to have a job offer in order for me to be considered and reach the required points.

Where can I apply for a job in Canada even if I still don't have a Visa?

Thanks.

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Hello
You can do by contacting people and companies in your domain or area of interest. Then if you are able to convice one to hire you they will send you the job offer (it is like a letter stating that you will work for certain period and with certain salary) then you take this job offer and go to the nearest visa office and apply for work permit. After you come to Canada you can work and apply for immigration.
Egyman

smvijay

Star Member
Jul 28, 2005
ETATS-UNIS
Unless you have a work permit or residence in canada, you will find it very difficult to get a job in canada. If you are in one of those occupations, where there are no other canadians or PRs available to work, and if there are any related job postings on the employment sites, you may want to apply for them.

schatzi

Jan 25, 2007
I am also looking for a job in Canada. Can anybody give some link where I can able to contact empoyers from that country?

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Dear Feline,
There is a misunderstanding here.
It is not necessary to have a job offer for applying to Immigration. I think most of us here who have applied for immigration are without job offer. Yes it do help ... bec you get extra points for arranged employment and your case may move fast.... but it is not hard and fast to have a job offer.
Thanks
Cool

VidhVen

Feb 15, 2007
Query about getting Job b4 landing in Canada

Hi,

We (my husband & myself) will be getting our Visa by mid of March'07. My husband is a principal applicant and he has 10 years of experience in Networking, also he is currently working with a Canadian co. in India. Due to some internal problems with in the company, his internal transfer to Canada from India is not working out. Also, I have 5+ years of experience in Human Resource.

Please advice is it very much required to land in Canada with the job offer? Or if we can find a job soon after we land in Canada. Will it be fine to survive without a job for a week or two? We plan to land in Toronto.

Thanks,
vidven

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi VidhVen

If your application was issued as federal skilled worker I dare to say that more than 95% of applicants will land into Canada without holding any job offer

So don’t you worry about so far..., you will have time enough after landing to start looking for job just of thousand of us did or will do.

Regards,
Eduardo

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
SoftnCool,

U dint read feline message properly buddy, it is mentioned that s/he needs a job offer to get to required points for Skilled Worker.

For Vidhven,

I agree with my friend Eduardo.

For Feline,

I agree with egyman but i also do agree with vj.

eria

Jan 22, 2007
You can check for online job sites related to canada and apply there, just search from google and you will get a list of sites, you can consult your local HR consultants who are dealing in aboard jobs.

lisancor

Feb 22, 2007
Hi feline, :

Have you heard about , the growing fruit companies..?

I´m also aplying in Fed Shilled Workers, and a job offer , do help a lot in several ways , do not forget , that if you have the offer , the funds are not necessary..!

Jun 3, 2010
Dear All,
While preparing document to apply the skilled worker visa. I got some interventions. Could anyone help me:
Regarding to Job listed in 38, I hold the B.A degree of English Language Teaching. But my job is in NOC 0631 - Cafeteria Supervisor. So, is my application OK?
If I get Job Offer with Cafeteria Supervisor. is it OK. Please help me, I live in Vietnam.

Thanks