+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get a job offer from hotels in BC or AB

AshleyL

Dec 21, 2008
Hello, everyone. Thanks for your helps.
I worked at Starbucks in downtown Vancouver last year with holding Working Holiday Visa. (approximately 9 months)
And I came back to my country(South Korea) to finish study Education. Now I'm almost done.
So I'd like to enter Canada as a temporary visitor and hope to get a job offer(LMO) in BC or AB and think of PNP program.
Where is the easier state to do so? I heard that there are lots of jobs in Alberta but I'm not sure whether it's real or not.
Actually I preferred BC because of weather. :)
Even though I don't have any experience related hotel jobs like front desk agents and room attendants, can I try it?
I don't want to spend ageny fee, too..
Is it possible to look over jobbank and send a resume and ask employers if they can offer LMO?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Yes there many hotel jobs and I know of several employers unfortunately they dont want the paperwork hastle and have the people go through agents.They will interview you But tell you to go through a Immigration agent they know to fix your papers

AshleyL

Dec 21, 2008
Thanks for your advice, BCguy. Can I add up one more question?
If I can't enter Canada until next March and get a job, it looks like it would be hard to apply for BC PNP..
Now I need to earn some money for settling down before departure, so there is posiblitiy of late arrival..(maybe in summer?)
Is it good to go to Alberta because Alberta's pnp is not time-limited?.. different from BC PNP.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What time limit are you referring to? I think if you are working in a low skill job like a hotel under the BC semi-skilled program, you have to work for 9 months before you can apply for PNP but in the AB semi-skill program it's 6 months. However, AB has a limit of how many semi-skill workers each employer can apply for so it might be hard for you to get it if the employer already sponsored somebody else.

Taxtai

Jan 2, 2009
I was reading your comments here...
I had spent a ton of time trying to find out how to get a Job offer... I am still not real sure if anybody will get back with me... but time is important to me and can not be waisted... This crisis is getting to be real bad in my country.

Question: Can I get into the country as a temporary visitor (can my friends permanent residents help me with that?) and find a job and do all documents right there in Canada? Or do I have to sit wait here until I get any offer?
If I come as a visitor, would it be difficult to change visa to worker's visa and how long does it take?

That hotel business remark... "there many hotel jobs and I know of several employers" ...

Can I get hired into the hotel business with no experience? I am looking for simple job with no past experience. Any suggestions?

thanks

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
VISITORS VISA TO WORK VISA

I'd like to know the answer sas well. Can you come to canada as a visitor and then find a job once here? Its much easier to find a job when here, you can apply face to face and talk to the employer in person. Once in Canada can the employer apply for the LMO and the visitor apply for the work visa within Canada.. It seems like a great process.. On that note, since it is so simple Im doubtful if can be done.. Im off to do some research and I'll let u know what Ifind!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Re: VISITORS VISA TO WORK VISA

EmilyMarie said:
I'd like to know the answer sas well. Can you come to canada as a visitor and then find a job once here? Its much easier to find a job when here, you can apply face to face and talk to the employer in person. Once in Canada can the employer apply for the LMO and the visitor apply for the work visa within Canada.. It seems like a great process.. On that note, since it is so simple Im doubtful if can be done.. Im off to do some research and I'll let u know what Ifind!
No,You can find an employer get hired,then LEAVE Canada to get your work visa,This is what many Koreans in BC do,Get an employer,File the the papers Go to Seattle to pick up their visa,This is what most people from US visa exempt countries do

adetona

Jan 13, 2009
Re: How to get a job offer from the education services?

Hello there!,

Please kindly advice how i can get a temporary job offer from education related services and pls advice if this job can help facilitate the temporary work permit process which will be handle by the immigration lawyer.

Expect your kind response .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: VISITORS VISA TO WORK VISA

Hi

BCguy said:
EmilyMarie said:
No,You can find an employer get hired,then LEAVE Canada to get your work visa,This is what many Koreans in BC do,Get an employer,File the the papers Go to Seattle to pick up their visa,This is what most people from US visa exempt countries do
Koreans are NOT US visitor exempt

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some member on this board said that you do not have to be US visa exempt or have a US visa to apply for a work permit at the border. As long as you are Canadian visa exempt, you go to the border, leave Canada, arrive on the US side, tell them that you do not actually wish to enter the US, you just need to apply for work permit on the Canadian side. They will then turn you around and you arrive in Canada again and apply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
Some member on this board said that you do not have to be US visa exempt or have a US visa to apply for a work permit at the border. As long as you are Canadian visa exempt, you go to the border, leave Canada, arrive on the US side, tell them that you do not actually wish to enter the US, you just need to apply for work permit on the Canadian side. They will then turn you around and you arrive in Canada again and apply.
Except if you require a medical, Koreans require a medical for stays of 6 months or more.

PMM