+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get a beautician's job in canada?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meher said:
please tell me that how to get job in canada? :)
It is a regulated profession, you need to get your licence. However some beauty parlours hire non licences employees also and pay about $7 per hour. In fact you would have to walk to these places with your resume.
Being a landed immigrant you can get assistance like OSAP and do your hairdresser / esthetic certification. 1500 hrrs of class room training / study and then 2000 hrs of pratical training and you can sit in an exam to get your certification. Can open your own saloon also after it.

meher

Apr 5, 2012
hello, :)
but i m in pakistan & want to go canada for my better future on the basis of my diploma in beautician, i have passed it with "A" grade from the government institute of pakistan.
so, plz help me, tell me about this, what should i do?
thank you. :)

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hi
It is quiet difficult to get into Canada as a Skilled worker on Beautician Diploma and Profession.

It is not included in the list of Elligible Professions. And it would be next to impossible for you to get a Job offer from Canada without someone actually being in Canada and helping you out. Even then I am not sure if the whole (complicated) procedure of Job offer will go through.

Regards

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
@devilhimselff

If she gets "job approval letter" then what will be her status to move to canada? u said it is not mentioned in category but if u see managemnet occupation u can find there spa holder/ esthatics .

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
they are enough beautiful you do not need to go there.... ;D......ok last was just a joke.......only job offer can help you out and one more thing 6 band in each Module in IELTS is mandatory are you sure to get the required band.....you can discuss your case with different agencies to evaluate your application .....

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
we will help them look more beautiful :p
I 've done Msc in Psychology but I am more satisfied with my own Spa business. So I want to continue with that . How can I get LMO any company/organisation who can help giving LMO ?

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
My aunt in Canada does this job..

She did her beautician course in India from VLC I suppose.. When she went to Canada for couple of years she worked in some saloon..

After that she opened her own and earns really good

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
explorer101 said:
It is a regulated profession, you need to get your licence. However some beauty parlours hire non licences employees also and pay about $7 per hour. In fact you would have to walk to these places with your resume.
Being a landed immigrant you can get assistance like OSAP and do your hairdresser / esthetic certification. 1500 hrrs of class room training / study and then 2000 hrs of pratical training and you can sit in an exam to get your certification. Can open your own saloon also after it.
But 7 dollars is it minimum wage? Really so low. i am sure with 7 dollars you can not meet up with expenses.

Better try to get license.

sammytwig1234

Sep 1, 2013
maina said:
My aunt in Canada does this job..

She did her beautician course in India from VLC I suppose.. When she went to Canada for couple of years she worked in some saloon..

After that she opened her own and earns really good
how did your aun't move in to Canada? via which source means she got work before or after ???

ndhuka

Jun 17, 2014
Hello,

Can you tell me if one is eligible for work permit after studying cosmetology in canada. I am confused because almost all the diploma or courses are of 10 months and less and i am not sure if I will be eligible for work permit 10 months studies.

Regards.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ndhuka said:
Hello,

Can you tell me if one is eligible for work permit after studying cosmetology in canada. I am confused because almost all the diploma or courses are of 10 months and less and i am not sure if I will be eligible for work permit 10 months studies.

Regards.
It depends what school you attend and the length of your program. What school are you planning on attending and is the program at least 8 months in length (full time)?

ndhuka

Jun 17, 2014
scylla said:
It depends what school you attend and the length of your program. What school are you planning on attending and is the program at least 8 months in length (full time)?
Eveline Charles Academy is the name of the institution i intend to do "hair design" from. The course duration is of 10 to 11 months. This institution is in Edmonton, Alberta.

Classes will be held 3 days in a week and there is another that offers 5 classes in a week and will continue for 8 months.