+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find TFW job from outside Canada

runn416

Jul 20, 2014
I was hoping that forum members who are on TFW can help me with this.
I'm not in Canada now, but I would like to apply to work with employers who hire TFW.
I read in the newspaper that many Canadian fast food workers hire TFW. So, I went to the mcdonalds website, but could not find an application for applicants who live outside of canada.

can you give me some advice on which websites to go to to apply for TFW jobs?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You either go to Job Bank or the provincial equivalents like Work BC, Sask Jobs, etc. In each job advertisement, they specifically tell you how to apply for the job. They usually include email addresses and phone numbers.

They just changed the rules concerning who's eligible for LMIAs (previously LMOs) for hiring foreign workers. Finding eligible employers is now tougher than it ever was. Forget about looking for jobs in big cities like Edmonton and Calgary. There are so many foreign workers in their own cities that they refuse to hire people from outside their cities (let alone outside Canada). Quite frankly, a lot of fast food employers can be downright rude to overseas applicants over the phone and it's soul-crushingly difficult to find good people who'd consider hiring you.

When you apply to certain employers, it's imperative that you first run a background check on them (in whatever way possible) and use your vast array of sleuthing skills in order to determine if they're legitimate or someone who abuses their foreign workers. I've had to withdraw several applications because I found a lot of indirect (and sometimes direct) evidence of abuse. The ones who abuse their workers are, contrary to popular belief, actually nice to you when you first apply to them. If you do your research and ask them about what you've found (perhaps it's the reason why their LMO is taking so damn long), they turn mean in a heartbeat. There are far more good legitimate employers than rude scuzzball ones, but extreme caution is still necessary.

Good luck and be careful. Also be strong because there are many rude, scuzzball employers.