Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
Hi there, i'm in the EE pool with crs 474, but while waiting for ITA i'm sending my resume to bunch of jobs on jobbank , my primary NOC 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)3 years of experience in US , but i also have past experience as Network Technician and experience fixing laptops,computers, doing some networking setups etc. I had my resume redone recently, but i'm not sure how to exactly approach Canadian employer on sponsoring me, or at least considering me for a job. How would you write an email explaining that you not in Canada, but want them to sponsor you ? Thank you

Here is my resume, please tell me whats wrong with it.

Telecommunications Engineer with background in telephony and data systems. Major strengths include installing,
troubleshooting and repairing PBX's, telephony protocols, voicemail systems, cabling, hardware, software, gateways, PC
networking and IP networks. Incredibly hardworking and dedicated employee who works well both independently as well as
part of a team. Looking to continuously learn and accept new challenges.
Internet setup and repair
Desktop and laptop repair
Routing protocols knowledge
Strong communication skills
Focused
Network field installations
Voice and data cabling installation
Telecommunications repair
Troubleshooting
Hardware installation and configuration

Copier Technician 09/2012 to 09/2015
Peak Performance Imaging Solutions – 135 W 11th st, Silverthorne, CO 80498
* Provided diagnoses, troubleshoot, and repair for business-enhancing software, printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines.
* Rebuilt Ricoh and Sharp copiers, assured copiers had excellent print quality and functionality. Configured and implemented
networking capability to existing network to all copiers enabling user to print remotely.
* Set up local area network (LAN) and hardware components, including the configuration of routers, switches and
various devices.
* Carried large inventory of parts in company's vehicle, documented each work on job tickets.

Computer Technician 05/2010 to 08/2010
Summit Net Trekker – 118 S Ridge St,Breckenridge, CO 80424
Resolved virus and malware issues.
Set up and configured hardware and software on company equipment.
Restored data, operating systems, files, documents and drivers.
Trained both internal and off-site users in repairing and resolving recurring issues.
Repaired and replaced hardware, including internal PC and laptop hardware.
Installed system software, did all updates, patches.

Network Technician 04/2005 to 11/2007
ISP BitterNet – Ternopil, Ukraine
Maintained 100% uptime on company networks through careful and preventative maintenance.
Set up equipment for employees, including installing cables and hardware.
Installed software and operating systems on company computers.
Restored data, operating systems, files, documents and drivers.
Installed IP, network equipment and facilities.
Managed and monitored all installed systems and infrastructure to ensure the highest level of availability.
Managed installation, upgrade and deployment projects and provided on-site direction for network engineers.

Master of Science: Network Engineering 2007
Ternopil National Economics University - Ternopil, UKRAINE

Thank you[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would edit your post immediately to remove all person information.

To answer your question - I would say something like: If I am your preferred candidate, I would require your support to obtain a work permit in order to accept this role (I am currently a US resident and do not have authorization to work in Canada).

BTW: The order of your experience in the resume makes absolutely zero sense. Your most recent experience must appear first. Right now it looks like you haven't worked since 2007. If you keep things in the order they are now - I guarantee you that the vast majority of employers won't even read past your first job. They'll look at the first one, think you haven't worked in almost 10 years and reject your application.

Shaeeza

Nov 17, 2014
It hard to get work permit specially if you are outside Canada and no body hire any employee with out interview bcz you have qualification but the employer want to know your behavior that are you will able to adopt the organization environment. They look on your personality and way of communication. As I am working in service sector I attand many interviews in my country . I jus go for interview to learn some thing from them. If you have high qualification which is match to the ad then your qualification only reach to the interview table after that first personality then experience .

This is the reason for express entry the put job offer bcz it not easy to get job offer .

And I m not going to discourage you in your field you must b upto date bcz technology changes every movement.

Best of luck

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shaeeza said:
It hard to get work permit specially if you are outside Canada and no body hire any employee with out interview bcz you have qualification but the employer want to know your behavior that are you will able to adopt the organization environment. They look on your personality and way of communication. As I am working in service sector I attand many interviews in my country . I jus go for interview to learn some thing from them. If you have high qualification which is match to the ad then your qualification only reach to the interview table after that first personality then experience .

This is the reason for express entry the put job offer bcz it not easy to get job offer .

And I m not going to discourage you in your field you must b upto date bcz technology changes every movement.

Best of luck
HI Shaeeza , how about if i apply from inside Canada?, since i have visitor visa.

Shaeeza

Nov 17, 2014
Hi yup it will b easy for u if u apply when you are inside in Canada . that is one of the good option and best of luck and it will b easy for to negotiate salary etc with employer other wise outside from Canada they treated u as a cheap labour .

Best if luck and hope hear soon from you that u got it.

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
Well, given the fact that i'm in US it might be hard to get an interview, but will i have any chance with my resume once i'm in Canada ?

Shaeeza

Nov 17, 2014
Sorry for late reply. Once you inside in the country where you try for job then it easy to get job. Don't worry u will able but before interview check company profile and then check new updates or new knowledge in ur filed

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
WEll. i really want to get to IT field, and i would gladly start doing some learning now at home, i can setup couple servers here and network etc, just don't know what is trending now and what skills are must, it is not the same as it used to be let say 5-6 years ago, i just want to find a buddy who can at least teach me some new stuff over internet to get me up to date.