+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to find a job from abroad?

mahyawa88

Nov 5, 2016
Greetings!

I'm just going to jump straight to the question ..

I don't hold a PR nor a job offer!
How do I get a job offer while I'm abroad and you don't even have a PR?

What is the easiest way to migrate or find a job in Canada?

Thanks and regards!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Generally speaking, it tends to be extremely difficult to secure a job offer as a foreign worker since the process the employer has to go through to hire you is so long, involved and expensive. Having said that, some do manage to find jobs and get work permits.

The first step is to find an employer willing to give you a full time job. You should look for employers on reputable job posting sites such as indeed, linkedin, workopolis, etc. The next step is for the employer to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. The employer must then apply for and obtain something called an LMIA (permission to hire you). The LMIA process takes quite a bit of paperwork to complete, along with a $1,000 fee, and can take over four months to process. If the LMIA is approved (not all are) - you can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

If you want to start by immigrating instead, detailed information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

There is really no easy route for anything. All of it requires work, time and effort.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
mahyawa88 said:
Greetings!

I'm just going to jump straight to the question ..

I don't hold a PR nor a job offer!
How do I get a job offer while I'm abroad and you don't even have a PR?

What is the easiest way to migrate or find a job in Canada?

Thanks and regards!
Marry a Canadian and get sponsored.

mahyawa88

Nov 5, 2016
scylla said:
Generally speaking, it tends to be extremely difficult to secure a job offer as a foreign worker since the process the employer has to go through to hire you is so long, involved and expensive. Having said that, some do manage to find jobs and get work permits.

The first step is to find an employer willing to give you a full time job. You should look for employers on reputable job posting sites such as indeed, linkedin, workopolis, etc. The next step is for the employer to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. The employer must then apply for and obtain something called an LMIA (permission to hire you). The LMIA process takes quite a bit of paperwork to complete, along with a $1,000 fee, and can take over four months to process. If the LMIA is approved (not all are) - you can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

If you want to start by immigrating instead, detailed information about Canada's immigration programs can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

There is really no easy route for anything. All of it requires work, time and effort.

Thank you for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it.

It just puzzles me how many people that I come across are securing jobs in Canada while still in the Middle East or East Asia! And honestly speaking, non of them end up doing any super-natural job that no resident in Canada could do! They are just regular IT guys or just regular employees.

Thank you again! I really appreciate it