+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill spouse education without claiming point's for ECA

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Hi all,
Me and my husband are making profile for the express entry program for Canada immigration. I will be the primary applicant, I have had my ECA completed and don't need additional points for my husband's ECA. My husband is a graduate, therefore could you please suggest that while filling the profile should I select my husband's education as bachelor's and then select ECA evaluated as no, or, should I select his education as secondary/none ? Please provide your guidance.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi all,
Me and my husband are making profile for the express entry program for Canada immigration. I will be the primary applicant, I have had my ECA completed and don't need additional points for my husband's ECA. My husband is a graduate, therefore could you please suggest that while filling the profile should I select my husband's education as bachelor's and then select ECA evaluated as no, or, should I select his education as secondary/none ? Please provide your guidance.

You have to select none. Later after you receive an ITA, you need to mention it under personal history.

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can, or she can do what the other poster said. Both approaches are fine.

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Thanx for your replies, the reason why I don’t want to claim points for his eca is because his degree has been misplaced and reissue will take atleast 6 8 months, so if I select education as bachelors and eca done as no then will we need to show his bachelors degree after receiving the ITA?

bluezone26

Dec 18, 2020
hello.. got a question if kindly answer please ....
spouse not doing the ECA as not claiming points for it. should it be entered in EE spouse education section as ''NO'' education? Moreover,
spouse finished education more than 15 years ago.. so if provide 10 yrs personal history as per requirement there would be no education part for spouse. Will it be ok? Please shed some light onto it about what exactly to be the best to do... Thank You

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
hello.. got a question if kindly answer please ....
spouse not doing the ECA as not claiming points for it. should it be entered in EE spouse education section as ''NO'' education? Moreover,
spouse finished education more than 15 years ago.. so if provide 10 yrs personal history as per requirement there would be no education part for spouse. Will it be ok? Please shed some light onto it about what exactly to be the best to do... Thank You
Yes that is fine.

Divyang.dm

Apr 30, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have started creating my express entry profile and I have query with the below questions in my spouse profile.

1.Has xxxxxxxxxxxx finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?
Should I select 'No' as I haven't done ECA for my spouse's education.
Please help me with question