+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to extend working visa with valid work permit

Vivienzheng

Jan 22, 2014
Hi all,
I’m currently working in Canada.
My working visa expire in Dec 3rd, 2014
My working permit expire in Feb 3rd, 2015
I’m applying new LMO now and hope to get it in Jan, 2015.
So I want to extend my working visa till Feb inside Canada, then extend again once get new LMO.

I checked whole CIC website and also did the questionnaire to submit online application, none is talking about extend working visa, only extend working permit and visitor visa.
Can anybody send me a link for application check list and forms? I want to submit online which is faster.
Do I need a medical test again? I did not leave Canada for more than 6 month in Canada, and will work in Canada for more than 6 month.
Thank you very much for all your help.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Vivienzheng,

How are you ? You can extend your work permit by visiting the link bellow:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

May I know where you from basically ? and what type of work you are working in Canada ? I also applied for temporary work permit out side Canada and still waiting for my visa hope to get it very soon. I am going to work in Alberta very soon as a Web Programmer.

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Vivienzheng said:
Hi all,
I'm currently working in Canada.
My working visa expire in Dec 3rd, 2014
My working permit expire in Feb 3rd, 2015
I'm applying new LMO now and hope to get it in Jan, 2015.
So I want to extend my working visa till Feb inside Canada, then extend again once get new LMO.

I checked whole CIC website and also did the questionnaire to submit online application, none is talking about extend working visa, only extend working permit and visitor visa.
Can anybody send me a link for application check list and forms? I want to submit online which is faster.
Do I need a medical test again? I did not leave Canada for more than 6 month in Canada, and will work in Canada for more than 6 month.
Thank you very much for all your help.
hi vivi,

The visa is only needed to enter canada. if you are not leaving canada and reenter then you do not need to renew the visa at this time. what you need to do at this time is to renew your work permit once you received your positive lmia.

seooecc

May 19, 2017
The visa is only needed to enter canada. if you are not leaving canada and reenter then you do not need to renew the visa at this time. what you need to do at this time is to renew your work permit once you received your positive lmia.