+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to extend work permit using nomination certificate from SINP

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
can somebody help me process my extension of work permit. i need to apply for work permit using my SINP nomination. i just submitted my PR application and might not want to wait for the file number to apply for the extension of WP. my Wp will expire on sep 18 2014 so i have 4 mos to go. how long should i wait for my file number? should i wait for it or use my nomination to apply for the extension. i dont know which is better. i dont know the time frame CIC before they give me a file number. hope somebody can help me

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
Wait for your Aor then wait for your medical request good to extend after that then you will have ur OPEN WORK PERMIT

BiggarSk

Mar 18, 2014
You can use your SINP nomination to extend your Work Permit. It is a must that you retain your status because we cannot predict the processing times before your PR will be in approved in principle. You can file for your Work Permit extension at least a month before your Work Permit expires so that you can continue working on the same condition of your previous Work Permit using IMM5710,( Application to Change Condition, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as worker.).It will not affect your PR Application.
Hope this would help as we are on the same boat. I just filed my extension last week and my Work Permit will expire on the 9th of June.
Goodluck!

dalibor

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5.8.14. 28.1.15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
July 2014.
AOR Received.
31.10.14. 24.4.15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1.Feb.2016
VISA ISSUED...
5.Feb.2016
LANDED..........
6.Feb.2016
BiggarSK , who told you you can apply for extension of WP only with SINP nomination, from what I know you gotta have at least AOR to get Bridge open work permit. Did your get extended with only SINP or you're still waiting? I've heard people going back home and wait for PR at home and then return

BiggarSk

Mar 18, 2014
That was the advise of SINP as they was informed that WP soon expiring, together with their Work Permit Support Letter stating that the company urgently requiring the employment. Yes I am still waiting, ...keeping fingers crossed!...same track with my co worker, got approval on Temporary WP with the nomination @ updated job offer from company. But if you can wait with your AOR much better.It's your choice anyway!....

pinoybrat

Oct 31, 2013
thanks man. i might apply on july since my WP will expire on sep 14. ill wait for my file number first but if it doesnt come on time ill apply for that specific work permit same employer with that sinp certificate.

samboy2005

Mar 15, 2014
BiggarSk said:
That was the advise of SINP as they was informed that WP soon expiring, together with their Work Permit Support Letter stating that the company urgently requiring the employment. Yes I am still waiting, ...keeping fingers crossed!...same track with my co worker, got approval on Temporary WP with the nomination @ updated job offer from company. But if you can wait with your AOR much better.It's your choice anyway!....
Hi BiggarSk,

i just received my nomination, although its OPNP, but I assume process should be same for extensionof WP. had a few questions like

didi u do a paper applicatin or can we apply online as well?
do we have to send the original copy of the nomination certificate and the support letter or just copies?

Thanks

BiggarSk

Mar 18, 2014
I had submitted paper application, i'm convenient at it although processing time is longer. I had sent photocopies only of both nomination and Support letter. As I had told you guys before, it's your choice and option. I cannot guarantee any approval . In my case, I had no choice since my WP will soon expire, I just depend on the SINP advise and past experience of co-worker.

Goodluck to all of us!
Prayers!

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
I think there is some confusion in the posts which I would like to clear.

You can extend your work permit with just SINP approval. The workpermit is closed with the employer you are currently working with.

If you have applied for PR and received AOR with your File number you can apply for the OPEN WORK PERMIT.

Usually there is no time frame on when you receive you AOR so its like gambling..
I remember I applied for my PR application on NOV'13 and my work permit was expiring on DEC'13 so I waited for a month and then applied for the Extension permit which is closed and after two weeks I got AOR. So If I would have waited 2 weeks more I could have applied for the Open work permit. But remember I was just 2 weeks away from my permit being expired and I didnt want to risk it so I applied for the closed one anyway.. So its upto you if you want to wait you can if not then apply for extension.