+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend Work Permit online?

Sam.som

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I want to extend my work permit, I have some questions:
1- what should I mark as an answer to the third question in the Imm5710 application?
3- I have a GCKey account and want to submit the application online, but What Is personal reference code? How can I get it??

szaib002

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
What is the question?

I think the reference code is the code you get from the eligibility questionnaire.

Iyad717

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Hello everyone,
I want to extend my work permit, I have some questions:
1- what should I mark as an answer to the third question in the Imm5710 application?
3- I have a GCKey account and want to submit the application online, but What Is personal reference code? How can I get it??
Hi Sam, I actually have the same issue. I want to renew my work permit but I cant see "Renew" option in the the 4 options in question 3. how did you solve it?

Sam.som

May 25, 2018
Hi Sam, I actually have the same issue. I want to renew my work permit but I cant see "Renew" option in the the 4 options in question 3. how did you solve it?
If you want to extend it with the same employer, you should check the first option. But if you have a new employer or you haven’t used the previous one and just want to extend it before the expiration date(like me) check the second one: apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer. Then write your current work permit number on Coming to Canada section , question 4.