+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend spouse work permit

Umangs

May 29, 2019
I need help that how to extend spouse work permit extended.
I’m on spouse open work permit visa and my wife she is student. Recently she finished her graduation and now its time to apply for her pgdp. Me and my wife have same duration of visa. I have open work permit till August. For primary applicant its take 3 month to get pgdp after that i can apply my work permit extension. For my open work permit extension I need my wife’s work permit and its take 3 months and during that time my visa will get expired.
So how to process for spouse open work permit extended.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
no idea. You may have more luck posting at foreign worker or international student section of this forum.

This section is usually for question about Canadian PRs or citizens to sponsor their family to obtain PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need help that how to extend spouse work permit extended.
I’m on spouse open work permit visa and my wife she is student. Recently she finished her graduation and now its time to apply for her pgdp. Me and my wife have same duration of visa. I have open work permit till August. For primary applicant its take 3 month to get pgdp after that i can apply my work permit extension. For my open work permit extension I need my wife’s work permit and its take 3 months and during that time my visa will get expired.
So how to process for spouse open work permit extended.
Unfortunately you can’t extend your OWP. You can’t work after August until you spouse gets the PGWP plus a job in NOC 0, A or B plus 3 pay stubs. At that point you can flagpole to get your OWP.