+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to extend PGWP?

isabell.L

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Hi everyone,
I graduated last Dec and already applied for the PGWP, However, CIC only gave me a work permit until Sept due to my passport's expiry one Sept.
I am not got my new passport and like to extend my Workpermit before it is expired. does anyone know if I should re-apply PGWP or just simply extend my work permit? Also, any idea if CIC will give me a 3 years open work permit?
P.S I am currently working in a temporary position and may not be able to provide an employment letter.
Thank you very much:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

isabell.L said:
Hi everyone,
I graduated last Dec and already applied for the PGWP, However, CIC only gave me a work permit until Sept due to my passport's expiry one Sept.
I am not got my new passport and like to extend my Workpermit before it is expired. does anyone know if I should re-apply PGWP or just simply extend my work permit? Also, any idea if CIC will give me a 3 years open work permit?
P.S I am currently working in a temporary position and may not be able to provide an employment letter.
1. You apply to extend with a copy of your new passport and work permit.
2. Depends how long your studied for.

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
I have renewed my passport and I need to extend my PGWP according to my new passport as I was given PGWP till the expiry of my old passport. Can anyone help with the right process of applying to renew my PGWP. Thanks!

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isabell.L said:
Hi everyone,
Hi,

I am in the same situation. My PGWP was issued till my passport expiry date (in May 2015) although I should have got it till 2016. Please let me know, what you are doing? Are you able to extend your PGWP with a copy of your new passport?

Thank you.