+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to do PPR and what is biometrics

jcjcw

Nov 28, 2019
After 13 months of application, my husband received PPR. VO is Manila. I have seen others sending their biometrics but I have not seen or read anywhere that my husband needs biometric. From what I know previous, they will send us a request if we need biometrics but we have not yet received any.

As of now, they’re asking for his passport.
On the consent form, it says parent’s name and signature but parents is not by his side anymore. Does he still need that filled out. He is 28 years old already.

and when would they require biometrics? At the very start of the application or should we wait for the request and not do it yet.

please advise. I am really confused right now.

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
After 13 months of application, my husband received PPR. VO is Manila. I have seen others sending their biometrics but I have not seen or read anywhere that my husband needs biometric. From what I know previous, they will send us a request if we need biometrics but we have not yet received any.

On the consent form, it says parent’s name and signature but parents is not by his side anymore. Does he still need that filled out. He is 28 years old already.

and when would they require biometrics? At the very start of the application or should we wait for the request and not do it yet.

I believe if you have submitted your application before 2017 (not sure at all) biometrics were not required. PLEASE RESEARCH ON THAT!!! Now, if they requested for PPR then submit it without delay at you nearest visa office as you only have 30 days to do so. On PPR letter tat you received, you will see detail of what you need to send in with the passport.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019

Biometrics are required for applications received by IRCC on/after 31st December 2018. If you submitted your application before that date you do not have to do biometrics.

jcjcw

Nov 28, 2019
Thank you everyone. I spoke with our VO (Manila) and said if they requested passport, we won't need biometrics.