+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to determine your current BG Check Status and Dates for Status Updates

sa.sunshine

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

Can someone please tell how to find out if my application is in BG check (1) or BG check (2). My current status is -

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does the message "when we start your background check" means that my background check hasn't even started. I submitted my docs on June 22, 2018. Any idea when will I get PR?

How do you check what date any step was completed? For e.g., I cant figure out when I passed my medical test.
Thanks so much!

smitz

Star Member
May 13, 2018
Hi,

Can someone please tell how to find out if my application is in BG check (1) or BG check (2). My current status is -

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does the message "when we start your background check" means that my background check hasn't even started. I submitted my docs on June 22, 2018. Any idea when will I get PR?

How do you check what date any step was completed? For e.g., I cant figure out when I passed my medical test.
Thanks so much!

you're in the IP1 phase as your BG check hasn't begun. once it does, you'll move to the IP2 phase.
you receive an email when your application is updated. however, sometimes you don't or it gets lost in spam.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi,

Thanks so much!
The IRCC site status is not a very accurate representation of your current status. In any case June 22 is too early to expect PPR, though there are some exceptional cases which have received PPR faster. A six month wait may be a good estimate.

Applying for GCMS notes is the best option to get an accurate picture of what is happening to your application. Keep in ming though that it could take from 30-45 days to receive the GCMS notes. The other option is to try calling them, there are many posts here describing how to go about both.