+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to demonstrate family ties?(for study permit)

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hi.

1) How to demonstrate strongly family ties back home? I don't have any siblings and I am currently living with my parents. My father will sponsor my education and living expenses in Canada so I have 1 sponsorship affidavit. I will also attach a CA wealth report which includes 6 residential flats and savings of my father. (WE DO NOT OWN ANY BUSINESS)

2) How to justify no travel history, since I have never been out of my home country?

3) I completed my bachelors/ graduated in October 2019, worked as a trainee from September 2019 to June 2020. Sadly, since June 2020 to present (February 2021) I have not done anything. I only learned MS Excel/ MS Office (self taught) and since last 2 months I am learning French. How can I justify this gap of 8-9 months?

I am applying for a MBA program and have an offer letter.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hi.

1) How to demonstrate strongly family ties back home? I don't have any siblings and I am currently living with my parents. My father will sponsor my education and living expenses in Canada so I have 1 sponsorship affidavit. I will also attach a CA wealth report which includes 6 residential flats and savings of my father. (WE DO NOT OWN ANY BUSINESS)

2) How to justify no travel history, since I have never been out of my home country?

3) I completed my bachelors/ graduated in October 2019, worked as a trainee from September 2019 to June 2020. Sadly, since June 2020 to present (February 2021) I have not done anything. I only learned MS Excel/ MS Office (self taught) and since last 2 months I am learning French. How can I justify this gap of 8-9 months?

I am applying for a MBA program and have an offer letter.
Your dad sponsoring you plus the residential flats is proof of family ties. You can attach everything connected to your residential flats such as land, properties etc.

Well, tell them you have never left your country due to ABC you can connect it to your studies and trainee experience.

The 8-month gap I believe they will understand due to the current pandemic. Not so many people worked last year anyway.

"Someone who knows better can add to this"

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Your dad sponsoring you plus the residential flats is proof of family ties. You can attach everything connected to your residential flats such as land, properties etc.

Well, tell them you have never left your country due to ABC you can connect it to your studies and trainee experience.

The 8-month gap I believe they will understand due to the current pandemic. Not so many people worked last year anyway.

"Someone who knows better can add to this"
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can you pls be more specific as to how can I justify no travel history?

Also, any other advice to justify unemployment for 9 months?

I graduated in August 2019

Worked from November 2019 to May 2020

and from May 2020 to current date (February 2021) I am unemployed.

What can I mention in SOP to justify unemployed status due to pandemic?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Can you pls be more specific as to how can I justify no travel history?

Also, any other advice to justify unemployment for 9 months?

I graduated in August 2019

Worked from November 2019 to May 2020

and from May 2020 to current date (February 2021) I am unemployed.

What can I mention in SOP to justify unemployed status due to pandemic?
I have no knowledge about travel history. Canada being the first international country, the VO will be wondering why Canada and not any other country. You can have a strong SOP by showing them why you chose Canada compared to other countries like the UK, US, Australia etc. remember, these countries have prestigious schools. Or, you can build your travel history by visiting another country (Not necessary though)

Unemployment gap you can just state Covid led you to lose your employment. They will understand. I am pretty sure they know most people were affected by Covid.