+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to count work experience

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would be grateful if u could advice me on this work experience. Can i count the work i did on a contract full time basis for 14 months. There was no payslip nor was there a payment into my bank account but was paid in cash on a weekly basis (wages) ,therefore no evidence to show the visa officer when my bank statement is requested.

I await your response.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
well if i were you and i didn't need this work experience for ministerial instruction requirement or for points, then I wouldn't claim points for it. I would state it in other parts of the form where you have to say what you did since your 18th birthday.

If you do need to claim this, yes, you can claim it but the onus is on you to show that you did do this work.Maybe get your initial contract and a letter from the people you contracted for.

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you rupeshhari,
But i have already submitted my application since 2005 and i was notified some days ago to confirm if i was still interested and that when the time comes, i would be asked to update them so i want to know if the work experience stated earlier can also be counted because i got the experience in 2007/2008, which was after the submission.

Thanks once again

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i am not sure if the work experience after your submission would count or not.
If you qualified when you submitted then thats all the counts. Thats my understanding anyway. You should wait for someone else to reply before I lead you down the wrong path.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Korede,

Work Experience is awarded for work experience during the last 10 years from the date of the submission of an application for Permanent Residency.

Points are awarded for both paid full-time and paid part-time work. Part-time work must be calculated to equal full-time experience.

The maximum amount of points available for Work Experience is 21.

The points are awarded as follows:

1 year full time 15 points
2 years full time 17 points
3 years full time 19 points
4 years full time 21 points

Immigration Canada will accept occupations listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) under certain Skill Types and Levels.

*Work Experience will continue to increase after the submission of the application up to the time of assessment of the application by Canadian Immigration and the points will be increased accordingly.

Disclaimer:
I am not an Immigration Expert and this is also not my personal view.
The extract is for information purposes only as seen on the link to the web-site during my research on the internet.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
but wouldn't the OP had enough points when s/he applied anyway?

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all, I am a she and as at the time i applied, i had over 5 years of relevant experience which covers me for the maximum point, its just that i believe they expect you to still be working after the submission and this can enhance the chances of ones application to be approved.

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
You can earn additional points after your initial submission and before IA. You will be asked to send updated education qualifications and job experience if any, in addition to other documents. Those could increase your total points. As far as increasing chances of approval, it might show that you will have better chances in becoming established in Canada after all these years of work experience, however it may not be a factor or basis for approval or denial.

There are many ways you can prove your paid work experience. As others mentioned, you can provide copies of contracts and confirmation from other parties. Tax returns are a good proof too if you have them.

Disclaimer:
I am not an expert and this is only my opinion.

Good luck

V