+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to count Work Experience for Canada Immigration?

SUNK

Jan 21, 2019
Hi friends,

I am quite confused about how CIC or PNPs count my work experience. It is in NOC 6221.

For example,
1) My full-time work experience with Company A is from 14 January 2014 to 11 December 2015. (Is it considered 24 months experience or less? if less, how much is my experience?)

2) My full-time work experience with Company B is from 25 December 2015 to 13 October 2017 (Is it considered 23 months experience or less? if less, how much is my experience?)

Can anyone please help me to figure out how much experience I have in total with the above-mentioned dates as per CIC or PNPs???

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1. You will qualify for FSW since you have 1+ year of "continuous, paid, full-time skilled" work experience. Your 12 months from Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 completes that.

2. You have more than 3 years of work experience in total.

SUNK

Jan 21, 2019
1. You will qualify for FSW since you have 1+ year of "continuous, paid, full-time skilled" work experience. Your 12 months from Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 completes that.

2. You have more than 3 years of work experience in total.
Thanks for your reply. Would you please tell me with the mentioned dates what should be my total work experience because in PEI and Saskatchewan PNPs I have to mention exact total experience.

I am especially concerned about starting months and ending months of both companies whether these months should be considered as one complete month respectively or only the working days would be counted as experience.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Y
Thanks for your reply. Would you please tell me with the mentioned dates what should be my total work experience because in PEI and Saskatchewan PNPs I have to mention exact total experience.

I am especially concerned about starting months and ending months of both companies whether these months should be considered as one complete month respectively or only the working days would be counted as experience.
Use online date to date calculator to know for each experience and the add them together.
Province and IRCC go by dates mentioned in the reference letters ,not the months.