+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to convey future plans and commitment in application??

elsypelle

Feb 27, 2013
Hi Folks,

I am applying for Residency via common law with my Canadian boyfriend (I am an Aussie girl) and am currently gathering all the proof that we have of our relationship. I have letters from three employers that know both of us stating our relationship is true, I have about 25 pages of christmas cards/birthday cards/letters etc, a ton of photoes, airline tickets etc you name it for during our relationship. We have a joint bank account and both names are under the phone plan.

But how do I relay to cic in my application that our intentions are to start looking at property at the end of the year, get engaged (we have discussed this with each other, and family) and plan to get married and raise our cool little Aussie Canadians here in Ontario?

It's simply not the right time for us to go out and buy property or get another car just for the application, so how do I show that I plan on being here for the long haul when it feels like I don't have enough grounded evidence to support that?

Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
elsypelle said:
But how do I relay to cic in my application that our intentions are to start looking at property at the end of the year, get engaged (we have discussed this with each other, and family) and plan to get married and raise our cool little Aussie Canadians here in Ontario?

It's simply not the right time for us to go out and buy property or get another car just for the application, so how do I show that I plan on being here for the long haul when it feels like I don't have enough grounded evidence to support that?
So you guys are both already living in Ontario now, right? If that's the case, don't worry! You don't really need to prove you intend to stay and live in Canada, since you're already here. You are spending over $1000 plus the cost of medicals, and going through the hassle of applying for PR here... which in itself is proof you want to stay and live here.

It would be a little different if you were both currently living in Australia now. In that case, you would need to prove you intend to move to Canada (mainly for the sponsor).

You also don't need to buy a home or car! Are you renting a place now, and have proof of a joint lease or something like that? Your living situation during the 12-months of continuous cohabitation, is essential to any common-law application.

The only additional proof I could recommend, is to get some spousal life insurance, with each other listed as primary beneficiary.