+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to convert UAE License to Canadian License in Vancouver ??

sid91

Apr 26, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have a UAE Driving License which is valid till 2023. I shifted back to India about a year ago and i will be going to Vancouver for my studies in few months. I am aware that the UAE License can't be converted to Canadian License and one needs to get the experience letter from RTA and translate the DL into English.

I will be visiting Dubai on a visit visa shortly and i wanted to know whether i can obtain all these letters on my visit visa. I am also aware that i might need to have a residence visa to get all these docs done.

I wanted to know if there is a way to get all these docs done on my visit visa?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Sid

tramily

Apr 25, 2016
I think yes, I have a american friend (who entered visa free) and was able to inquire and pay fines... so I assume getting things done in RTA doesn't require residency.

Good Luck man !

tst1980

Jul 25, 2015
1. you need to have a permit stating that you will stay here for more than 6 months.

2. Your license should show that you have at least 2 years experience to be qualified to take the driving tests. (issue date should be more than 2 years ago)

They will take away all your licenses once you apply.

Thats it.

regards,

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I think yes, I have a american friend (who entered visa free) and was able to inquire and pay fines... so I assume getting things done in RTA doesn't require residency.

Good Luck man !
Hey, just a quick question, do they mention all the previous fines you have received on the certificate?