+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to contact an agent.

Lottominimum

Jul 26, 2018
Hello,

My name is Brandon. I'm looking to sponsor my wife (from the US) and have already started our family class application. It's been a few months and everything seems to be going through very nicely. Most recently, we completed our medical exam and it seemed we now just have to wait.

I got an email yesterday with a message indicating, they need a police certificate for my wife before they can continue the application. Now this is very confusing as we already included an FBI record review letter with the application. After my wife collected her fingerprints and submitted the card to the FBI, she received the letter in the mail.

Now, as asked in our checklist for completing the application, we sent the original letter, not a photocopy of any kind. I feel I've made a major mistake because I don't have a copy of it, myself. How can I contact someone (preferably an actual person at CPC mississauga - instead of the automatic response over the telephone) to try to look into the details? We could try the process all over, but we were only given a month to submit the document. How will I pull off such a feat in the given time? Was the way I did it last time, not right? If so, I don't want my wife to do the same thing. These are all questions I'd like to ask an agent or someone specifically.

The number I keep seeing provided is 1-613-944-4000 (an Ottawa based number, where I am from) which redirects me. I've also called 1-888-242-2100 which seems to redirect me to the same place. All I can muster is continually going through the same telephone options and I can't seem to find the option to talk to an actual person. I can't respond to the original email they sent me, as they say not to respond. If anyone can give me a little advice as to the direction we should be going, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brandon

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello,

My name is Brandon. I'm looking to sponsor my wife (from the US) and have already started our family class application. It's been a few months and everything seems to be going through very nicely. Most recently, we completed our medical exam and it seemed we now just have to wait.

I got an email yesterday with a message indicating, they need a police certificate for my wife before they can continue the application. Now this is very confusing as we already included an FBI record review letter with the application. After my wife collected her fingerprints and submitted the card to the FBI, she received the letter in the mail.

Now, as asked in our checklist for completing the application, we sent the original letter, not a photocopy of any kind. I feel I've made a major mistake because I don't have a copy of it, myself. How can I contact someone (preferably an actual person at CPC mississauga - instead of the automatic response over the telephone) to try to look into the details? We could try the process all over, but we were only given a month to submit the document. How will I pull off such a feat in the given time? Was the way I did it last time, not right? If so, I don't want my wife to do the same thing. These are all questions I'd like to ask an agent or someone specifically.

The number I keep seeing provided is 1-613-944-4000 (an Ottawa based number, where I am from) which redirects me. I've also called 1-888-242-2100 which seems to redirect me to the same place. All I can muster is continually going through the same telephone options and I can't seem to find the option to talk to an actual person. I can't respond to the original email they sent me, as they say not to respond. If anyone can give me a little advice as to the direction we should be going, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brandon
2 1 1 0 for the 1-888 number

Aconfusedgirl

Mar 1, 2018
If you would like to talk to a real IRCC agent, u need to press 2 1 1 0 ( the extension mentioned by the above person) on the number 1 888 242 2100.
You might have to wait for a long time and at times, u might not be able to reach them as many people call at the same time. However, keep trying from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. Wish you all the best!