+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to claim pre-sale home at CBSA

hosseinojani

Nov 6, 2018
Hi,

I have encountered Currency Restrictions in my country and I wont take my whole capital to Canada in my first arrival. I used that fund to pre-sale a home but I've planned to take the fund in the next travels to Canada under the remission of duties and tax due to Currency Restrictions.Would you please let me know how an immigrant can claim pre-sale home as fund at CBSA? or when there is Currency Restrictions in his/her country, how can he/she claim that the fund is used to pre-sale a home?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have encountered Currency Restrictions in my country and I wont take my whole capital to Canada in my first arrival. I used that fund to pre-sale a home but I've planned to take the fund in the next travels to Canada under the remission of duties and tax due to Currency Restrictions.Would you please let me know how an immigrant can claim pre-sale home as fund at CBSA? or when there is Currency Restrictions in his/her country, how can he/she claim that the fund is used to pre-sale a home?

Thanks
I'm not sure what you mean. You have to declare to CBSA if you are physically carrying funds over $10,000. You don't have to declare funds you are leaving in your country.