+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to check the status of FBI background check request

Bioguy

Feb 5, 2015
I submitted FBI background check request (with fingerprints) on October 19th last year. No word yet. I already had to decline one ITA due to lack of proof of submission. Can anyone please suggest how do I contact FBI to find out the status of my request. There has been yet no charge on my credit card for the $18 fee. So I am a bit worried if my request got lost in the mail. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Rabbitfoot

Nov 25, 2014
Bioguy said:
I submitted FBI background check request (with fingerprints) on October 19th last year. No word yet. I already had to decline one ITA due to lack of proof of submission. Can anyone please suggest how do I contact FBI to find out the status of my request. There has been yet no charge on my credit card for the $18 fee. So I am a bit worried if my request got lost in the mail. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
I am in a similar situation. My packet was delivered to FBI in Oct 2015 around end of the month.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bioguy said:
You can call them and they will tell you which date package they are opening. Right now they are opening package delivered around 24-Sep-2015.
Based on what I read in the forum, credit cards are getting charged after 3.5 months, so you need to wait till first week of Feb.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
As of today, they are processing applications received on October 26.
Are you sure your card has not been charged?

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Pls refer this thread ...members are updating it regularly ...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t247817.0.html;msg4968631;topicseen#new

sd2005

Jul 13, 2015
Bioguy said:
Unfortunately, until they get around to starting your background check request, they cannot tell you where you are in the stack. I spent some time (more than once...) on the phone with the people in their offices, and unless they are in the middle of processing your request, you won't be in their computer systems yet. As it says on their website, it really does take 13-15 weeks to process, so unfortunately all you can do is be patient. Or you can be a pain and call them regularly to check, and eventually they will tell you that they are working on it! This is why it's very important to have tracking done on your mailed application to get confirmation that it arrived at the FBI office.

(see here https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks)

jsjsjsj

Feb 15, 2016
You can call this number to speak to a representative there: 3046255590
They are very nice and the wait time has been less a minute the three times I called. So please do call and update others by posting to the link Queries referred to. While I was waiting for my background check, it was very helpful to share the information. I sent them an email, but they never replied. It seems like calling it the way to go.

As sd2005 said, they can't tell you the status of your application until after your application is already in the system. When I called today, they were able to locate my file with my name and DOB and told me my background check was processed last Thursday and was mailed out this morning. (They said they received it on Oct 20. I mailed it from CT on Oct 14 with no tracking number, which was a mistake. I should've read this forum before mailing it via regular mail.)

I'd have another set of fingerprints ready to send out in case something goes wrong or your credit card doesn't get charged until the end of next week. It sucks to have to pay for express shipping, tracking, and the $18 fee, but it might be better for the peace of mind.

Bioguy

Feb 5, 2015
Friends, just an update - I sent in my request Oct 19th. My credit card was charged today. ;D
Thanks all for the input.

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello guys,
i called today ant they said currently they have opened July-31docs. Is any one aware how can i submit right now without PCC with proof of apply and letter of explanation? I have money order purchase receipt, money order customer receipt, USPS mail receipt and tracking number and tracking details with date it delivered. Is it sufficient?

Thanks in advance

Relliott

Jul 30, 2017
Sorry this is probably an older thread but, my credit card was charged yesterday November 2nd 2017. How long till I receive background check in the mail? Want to plan a trip to Canada but can't till this ships in. Thanks for any information

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Sorry this is probably an older thread but, my credit card was charged yesterday November 2nd 2017. How long till I receive background check in the mail? Want to plan a trip to Canada but can't till this ships in. Thanks for any information
When did you apply? I am in the similar situation. I application was delivered to FBI CJIS on August 18, 2017

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hello guys,
i called today ant they said currently they have opened July-31docs. Is any one aware how can i submit right now without PCC with proof of apply and letter of explanation? I have money order purchase receipt, money order customer receipt, USPS mail receipt and tracking number and tracking details with date it delivered. Is it sufficient?

Thanks in advance
You can submit the application without FBI PCC. All you need is a letter of explanation that you applied and attach the mailing proof/receipt. I was in same situation- My 90 day time to file my application was coming at an end, November 1, and I applied without the PCC, but provided with letter of explanation. Surely, within a day they came back gave me 60 days to provide the certificate and put the application on hold.

My Suggestion to you is: If you are in the 90 day period to apply, wait till the very end of the 90 day window and then submit along with letter of explanation. Hope this helps!

Reactions: harrys147

drezashah

Jun 28, 2017
Hey guyz
Does anyone knw which applications are they processing at the moment?
My application was delivered on 20th sep.
And i have only 10 days left to submit