+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to check eMedical results?

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hello everyone,

I went 1,5 weeks ago for an upfront medical examination and am just wondering if I can see somewhere the results of that examination online? I went to a cic approved eMedical panel doctor in Mississauga and just want to know if I have passed the examination.

Thank you very much in advance.

Flo

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
You don't get the results, or get to know if you "passed". However, if there's anything that you "have" to know (they find something bad), they will let you know about it. If you're healthy, then don't even worry about it.

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
You paid for your medical..so you can ask the dr for results..the dr I went to automatically provided me with my results.

Seronic

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014. SA - 26-03-2014
File Transfer...
26-03-2014
Med's Done....
19-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
15-08-2014
aminata2010 said:
You paid for your medical..so you can ask the dr for results..the dr I went to automatically provided me with my results.
Really? I was under the impression you didn't get any unless there was something to had to know. Kind of good you can request them if you want.

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
I just assumed since it's my money i am paying...i have the rights to my medical records if i request it..and at least here ( usa)you have the right to request them.

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I'd too, received a copy of my medical examination by an email from the panel doctor here in Kuwait.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
aminata2010 said:
I just assumed since it's my money i am paying...i have the rights to my medical records if i request it..and at least here ( usa)you have the right to request them.
It doesn't matter what the panel physician says about your results. In the end, it is the CIC doctors that make decision on your medical exam. The CIC Health branch decides if you passed or not. Of course, the panel physician can tell you if you are healthy or not, but that doesn't mean anything.

The doctor who performed my medical exam told me I am healthy, but nevertheless, 9 days later I got a letter from CIC asking me to go back for further tests. They saw something on my lungs, had to take an additional X-ray and a sputum test. One month after I sent it the additional tests, I ordered GCMS notes and found out I had passed my medical. They suspected inactive TB, but after the additional tests, they figured out it was nothing.

The best way to find out if you passed your medical is to order the GCMS notes after your application reaches the VO.

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
i'm actually surprised that they showed you... I took my exam last week too and when i went for the x-ray, the assistant called me after to ask me further details - she showed me i have a little spot on my lung - but she insisted a bazillion times to NOT mention it.. she told me CIC doesn't authorise them to give the results to us.

But yeah definitely agree that for that high price i have the right to know the results of my examination..

Avadava something tells me i`ll go through the exact same thing .. unfortunately in Romania TB is still a bit of a problem. It's good they notified you fast :)

Reactions: iamgursingh

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
I never stated it matter..I stated that I have the right to know my results if I am paying for the medical.

Avadava said:
It doesn't matter what the panel physician says about your results. In the end, it is the CIC doctors that make decision on your medical exam. The CIC Health branch decides if you passed or not. Of course, the panel physician can tell you if you are healthy or not, but that doesn't mean anything.

The doctor who performed my medical exam told me I am healthy, but nevertheless, 9 days later I got a letter from CIC asking me to go back for further tests. They saw something on my lungs, had to take an additional X-ray and a sputum test. One month after I sent it the additional tests, I ordered GCMS notes and found out I had passed my medical. They suspected inactive TB, but after the additional tests, they figured out it was nothing.

The best way to find out if you passed your medical is to order the GCMS notes after your application reaches the VO.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
aminata2010 said:
I never stated it matter..I stated that I have the right to know my results if I am paying for the medical.
I believe I read somewhere in the CIC manuals that panel physicians can reveal the results to the patient only when they have a medical condition. Let's say for example your blood tests come out positive for HIV, then the panel physician has to tell you that, because your health is at risk.
If you are healthy, then there is no reason you should be informed of this by an immigration doctor. Should you wish to check your health, you can always go to your doctor. At least that is CIC's mentality.

Reactions: iamgursingh
M

mikeymyke

If you want to know your results go check the GCMS notes.

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Need Help in EE as Immigration DR asked for further Medical checkup

I saw an article about Medical Inadmissibility . I am scared because as I had Brain surgery to get a tumor removed in the year 2017 and post that I got all the treatment done in my home country and now I am fully fit.

But My Immigration doctor asked me to see an Oncologist for further investigation. I am fully fit and I have all the fitness documents about my health from my Neuro-Surgeon and my Oncologist from India. In that case, will my case get rejected? Can you assist?

Has any one in the forum faced the same situation, I am very confused. what is the success rate for such cases?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

I saw an article about Medical Inadmissibility . I am scared because as I had Brain surgery to get a tumor removed in the year 2017 and post that I got all the treatment done in my home country and now I am fully fit.

But My Immigration doctor asked me to see an Oncologist for further investigation. I am fully fit and I have all the fitness documents about my health from my Neuro-Surgeon and my Oncologist from India. In that case, will my case get rejected? Can you assist?

Has any one in the forum faced the same situation, I am very confused. what is the success rate for such cases?
Nothing to worry. They will do further test to see if there is any cancerous growth in the brain. As you mentioned you already went through the treatment and I am assuming the growth was non-malignant also.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019

If you are under the spousal sponsorship process, you are exempt from excessive demand rule that can lead to medical inadmissibility. For spouses, they only check for any health condition that is a risk to public safety. Tumour is not one of them hence you’ll be fine. They just ask you to do extra tests to assess your full health. Rest easy.

skrba

Oct 3, 2018
Thankyou Krissh and bdidol, Appreciate your kind words ... let's hope for the best. I will keep this thread posted about my case.

Last edited: