+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change your degree? (Brock University)

Apr 15, 2024
Can someone from brock or any other university tell the process if it's even possible to change your degree? I got admitted to Brock's MBA program but looking at the Canadian market, I am thinking of changing my degree to MA. Can someone tell me if it;'s even possible or not? If yes then what's the process? Do I have to change my degree before my classes start or can I change it after a few weeks?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you have an approved study permit for Brock? If you want to go to Brock, you can change programs. If you change DLIs, you need a new study permit or attend Brock for one semester and then change. You cannot go for a few weeks but attend the first semester.

Apr 15, 2024
So you have an approved study permit for Brock? If you want to go to Brock, you can change programs. If you change DLIs, you need a new study permit or attend Brock for one semester and then change. You cannot go for a few weeks but attend the first semester.
What would be the appropriate time to talk to your university about changing your major?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What would be the appropriate time to talk to your university about changing your major?
So you have an approved study permit for MBA - yes or no? If yes, then you need to apply to another Masters at Brock. What MA are you considering because it may not be better than a MBA. A MA is not going to give you more opporunities.

Apr 15, 2024
So you have an approved study permit for MBA - yes or no? If yes, then you need to apply to another Masters at Brock. What MA are you considering because it may not be better than a MBA. A MA is not going to give you more opporunities.
I have seen many videos online discouraging business studies in Canada as the market is currently saturated with MBA and business graduates. I was considering MA in game studies but I am currently not sure about changing my major.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have seen many videos online discouraging business studies in Canada as the market is currently saturated with MBA and business graduates. I was considering MA in game studies but I am currently not sure about changing my major.
Not sure you will get a job with that. The market is very small. Assume you have a gaming studies background with a strong portfolio. Is intake only in September, and has deadline passed? May be looking at Sept 2025 intake.

Unless taking a trade or healthcare field, your job opportunities are slim.

Apr 15, 2024
Not sure you will get a job with that. The market is very small. Assume you have a gaming studies background with a strong portfolio. Is intake only in September, and has deadline passed? May be looking at Sept 2025 intake.

Unless taking a trade or healthcare field, your job opportunities are slim.
Got it, thank you