Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi,

Can anyone please help me out as I'm really stressed about the fact that I was just told by a lawyer that my NOC codes were wrong.

I applied for MY PR application through the Canadian Experience Class in October 2011.

The Noc Codes I used were

1431 - Accounting Assistant (June 2010-Current)
1411 - Administrative Assistant (Jan 2010-June 2010)

It seems these codes fall under category C.

The only ones acceptable are 0, A & B.

Upon further scrutiny I figured that Administrative Assistant also falls under 1241.

and my work responsibilities as an Accounting Assistant can also fall under Accounting Technician

My understanding is I need to complete Schedule 8 with the correct NOC code and send it to Buffalo again. Is this okay? I haven't received any confirmation yet for my PR application and upon inquiry they said its taking a minimum of 30 weeks to get a confirmation.

Should I explain why I am changing the Noc codes? Do i have to provide anything else? How can i ask them to link it to my app as I don't have any confirmation number only a client id number that is on my post graduate work permit and the email from buffalo.

Any help would be appreciated. I am so stressed. Please please someone help!! :'(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Accounting assistant: http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?lang=eng&noc=1431&area=9219&titleKeyword=accounting+assistant&regionKeyword=Toronto,+Ontario&source=0&action=final - skill level C

Accounting technician and administrative assistant(both fall under bookkeepers): http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?lang=eng&noc=1231&area=9219&titleKeyword=accounting+technician&regionKeyword=Toronto,+Ontario&source=2&action=final - skill level B

If your main duties are consistent with those under the NOC code you want to use now, you may submit a new schedule 8. Include a brief explanation that you made an error with the NOC codes and are correcting it and ask them to assign it to your application(include date it was received by the visa office if you know it). Write your name, date of birth and client ID on the envelope containing the forms before placing it inside the mailing envelope.
I imagine you will have to mail it to CIO in Sydney, NS?

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Thanks for posting SenoritaBella!

I'm going to send it out first thing Monday morning. My initial PR application was made to Buffalo NY. So I'm assuming I send it to the same address my PR application went to?

Is there any place to look this information up? I can't seem to find an answer to such a specific case.

Thanks in advance!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob368.asp

Based on that link, I'm not sure if you should send it to CIO in Sydney, NS and they will forward it to Buffalo or send to Buffalo directly.

I don't have more information except that if you search this forum there are cases where people made similar errors and were able to rectify it in a similar manner.

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
I just wrote a letter explaining the situation, corrected my Schedule and will send it out to the Sydney Office via the expresspost that canada post offers.

I checked the Buffalo CIC website for their mailing address and it shows the Sydney office address. So i'm going to send it there explaining i initially submitted my application to Buffalo.

Thank you SenoritaBella.

I hope this works out for me :(

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Hi ssparkles,

did you hear back about the wrong NOC ?

I made a similar mistake. my application was recieved on 7th December and they have withdrawn the money from my cc today. Im worried am I too late to change the NOC number ?

what all did you send along with you IM0008 and the letter explaining the mistake ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi Wasters,

I did hear back from application and it was rejected in may 2012. I had to re-apply in June.

However I was quite late in contacting them about the mistake. I sent a corrected version of the form with an explanation. What I didn't do was - I didn't make sure that my job description was an 80% match to the noc code job description on their site. I panicked and rushed to send a correct noc code but forgot about the description etc. I later found out through a lawyer that the description should be an 80% match to their website (I had used my own words to explain my job) ugghh.

Anyway, If you've made an error, send a corrected form to the visa office you sent your initial application with a very detailed explanation as to the mistake (to prove it really was a mistake). They will look for your noc code, letter of employment, explanation of error, job description etc and make sure everything works together. Also I would call CIC to confirm where and how to send this corrected letter (as they are always changing stuff) and I would call twice to make sure the information is correct.

Hope this helps.

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Thanks for the information SSparkle.

I did email my IM0008 form and my employment letter with my employer stating my NOC code as well. its been a 10 days since I emailed them, havent heard back from them.

Should I email again ? or does CPP-O take a while to respond ?

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi wasters,

I've had times when they've emailed me back within 1-2 days and there have been times when its taken longer than a week. This is quite important so i would mail again if you don't hear from them by monday (it would be around 2 weeks by them). They usually respond one way or the other. Hope they do so sooner than later

ssparkles.

simushga

Feb 8, 2013
Hi,

I have a similar mistake. My job category is "post-secondary teaching and research assistant". Its NOC used to be 4122 but now is it 4012. The update was before I sent my file so I am really worried. I checked the Operational Manual for CEC and in that the old list is also available to look up. I informed them about this but should I send 0008 form? Since I already emailed them, I don't want to bug them again unless sending the form is really important.

Thanks
Sima

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
simushga said:
Hi,

I have a similar mistake. My job category is "post-secondary teaching and research assistant". Its NOC used to be 4122 but now is it 4012. The update was before I sent my file so I am really worried. I checked the Operational Manual for CEC and in that the old list is also available to look up. I informed them about this but should I send 0008 form? Since I already emailed them, I don't want to bug them again unless sending the form is really important.

Thanks
Sima
Hi simushga,

You could call and ask CIC about whether you should send the form. Almost a year ago I was advised to send the form, but such things are case specific and also a lot could have changed in a year. You could call and explain your situation and ask them if its required for you to send the form.

However, If you have an AOR and a case processing officer assigned to your application and emailed that person then you should get an answer soon either way. He/She will tell you if you need to send in the form. In that case I would wait for a reply by email.

Hope this was helpful

Ssparkles

simushga

Feb 8, 2013
ssparkles said:
Hi simushga,

You could call and ask CIC about whether you should send the form. Almost a year ago I was advised to send the form, but such things are case specific and also a lot could have changed in a year. You could call and explain your situation and ask them if its required for you to send the form.

However, If you have an AOR and a case processing officer assigned to your application and emailed that person then you should get an answer soon either way. He/She will tell you if you need to send in the form. In that case I would wait for a reply by email.

Hope this was helpful

Ssparkles
Thanks

simushga

Feb 8, 2013
johnnyenglish said:
Hi Simushga,

Did you call CIC ? Can you post the steps here so others can also try the same ?

Thanks!
I called CIC once. They told me to send an email to the visa office and let them know.