+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change mailing address for initial PR card?

violet.smith

Oct 28, 2020
I need to change mailing address for my initial PR card. The address shown in my COPR is my representative’s address because I have my representative on file for my PR application and the CIC system automatically chose the representative's address as the mailing address rather than my residential address. But I don't want the card to be mailed to my representative. Instead, I want it to be mailed to my residential address within Canada. However, because my PR application is already finalized, I cannot update my address using web form anymore, I guess. So how can I change my mailing address for initial PR card? I have included a cover letter inside the envelope sent to the office but I wonder if there is a way to do it electronically.

Fatema P

Dec 16, 2019
Hello,
I will be moving to Canada within next 2 months,but my sponsor's address might change before landing, do I need to inform IRCC prior ? Or I can just give the new address at the time of landing to the immigration officer ? Will it impact in anyway on my COPR ?

prigupta

May 20, 2020
already done. no confirmation recieved. it is totally impossible to go through the support phone line, I never got the agent on call. crap.
Hello Alex,

did you change the address on the portal? I am in similar situation I received portal credentials today and moved to new house 3 days back.
Can i put new address on portal or the one in the PR file.
Any help is appreciated thank you!

alex_under

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Hello Alex,

did you change the address on the portal? I am in similar situation I received portal credentials today and moved to new house 3 days back.
Can i put new address on portal or the one in the PR file.
Any help is appreciated thank you!
Hi. I didn't try to change the address on the portal.
My situation is pretty much different. I have already got eCoPRs for all my family members and even got 3 cards. The only one card got stucked. So only for the last card I wanted to update the address. I submitted webform, reported technical issue, tried use a website tool for address change. Nothing helped. After all I was able to talk to a human agent via phone call and only this channel worked for me. But frankly speaking not really cause the card is still not delivered.
In your case if you haven't yet submitted the data to the portal put your new address for sure.

AJ0239

Nov 12, 2019
already done. no confirmation recieved. it is totally impossible to go through the support phone line, I never got the agent on call. crap.
hey! I am in the same situation. I have raised a webform, but no response. Could you please tell me the alternate ways to update address as the port link is throwing an error?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
hey! I am in the same situation. I have raised a webform, but no response. Could you please tell me the alternate ways to update address as the port link is throwing an error?
You can send an email to the portal address you got if you were using virtual landing. Use that specific email and request a address change.