+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to calculate physical presence if i doesnt have the previous records

mayaz1234

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

How to calculate physical presence? I lost my previous passports which shows my entry and exit in Canada.

But i have completed more than 4 years in Canada after PR and applying for Ctizenship.

PLease help if someone knows

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to recall all your exit and entry dates and use this calculator: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do . For your application you will have to attach a printed and signed copy of the calculator.

Regarding your lost passport if it falls within the relevant time you should explain what happened to it and if you reported it.

mayaz1234

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would there be any problem if i entered any wrong entry or exit? because i have to entered by guessing the date , since i went outside Canada every last 5 years.

But i am sure that my over all stay is now more than 4 years

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
mayaz1234 said:
Would there be any problem if i entered any wrong entry or exit? because i have to entered by guessing the date , since i went outside Canada every last 5 years.

But i am sure that my over all stay is now more than 4 years
then you are screwed...

Actually no, but it would take some effort:
For entrance to Canada, you should be able to request your records from CBSA
For entrance to the US, you can search it online with your passport number - someone posted the link here in the past and I tried it, you can get the list right away, I just don't remember where that is...
Not sure about other countries, but I guess some online forum, including this one, may have some users with experience doing this

Sorry I can't provide more details ...

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The thing is not really 4 years, but 1460 days of physical presence.

As for guessing, the issue is that while you can't verify, they can, and there's all the chance you would be questioned about it or even have your application returned.

Plus, the passports might not show all your entries and exits. Let this be a lesson for other people coming to this thread: keep a record - preferably in the same format as the online calculator. It will make things much easier when it's time to fill the forms.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
there's simply no excuse for "not remembering" or forgetting these days.
there's airline tickets, there's credit card/banking records and statements, there's family members, there's boarding passes, etickets, there's passport stamps and CBSA records maintained too. Ask a brother or sister or parent or relative, etc. Surely someone may remember. Only last 4-5 yrs shouldn't be difficult unless someone is traveling every week for work or something.
Takes a little bit of serious effort to find out everything. How about calling family who u visited abroad for help. It's not that hard.

For someone that is not sure, I'd make sure I'd have plenty of buffer days before applying.....

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
I remember nothing myself. Just search within your mail for airline tickets. I do not think officers will believe anyone anymore. Lebanese who got citizenship without actually being to Canada apart from landing have screwd us all.