How to Bring My Parents to Canada With me? Senior Plz advice

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,
My Parents are retired and are living with me, while recently got Visa and planning to move to Canada in Sep this year, i have read somewhere that if you sponsor your Parents its normally take 5+ years to get them to Canada, i want to know if is there any fast way to bring my parents with me to Canada as i can't leave them here in my home Country at old age they need care...... your guideness would be highly appreciated...............

Regards,
Danish Khan

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Baloo for your information,,,, i knew that but i want to know if there is any faster way to bring them with me.... hope to get response from other's as well

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
The only way to bring ur parents soon will be visiting visa.

But please note that under this category they won't be getting any medical insurance and any treatment done will be very costly. Considering that you are new and will have limited resources, it will be unwise to bring your parents initially.

Try for visiting visa once you get your targetted job. Once that is done get a medical insurance for them either from Canada or your home country(it will be costly as they maybe around 60 or more).

What I am trying to say is that don't go on emotional urges, take your decision considering everything. At old age people need more medical care which will be cheaper in your home country.....
Whenever you call them make sure their medical needs are also fulfilled along with emotional needs.

Best of luck!!!

cybervjs said:
Dear Seniors,
My Parents are retired and are living with me, while recently got Visa and planning to move to Canada in Sep this year, i have read somewhere that if you sponsor your Parents its normally take 5+ years to get them to Canada, i want to know if is there any fast way to bring my parents with me to Canada as i can't leave them here in my home Country at old age they need care...... your guideness would be highly appreciated...............

Regards,
Danish Khan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To add... If you bring your parents on a visit visa, they will have to keep renewing the visa every six months. Sooner or later their visa extension request will likely be denied and they will have to return home. And as nano24482 mentioned, they won't get free health care while here as visitors.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cybervjs said:
Thanks Baloo for your information,,,, i knew that but i want to know if there is any faster way to bring them with me.... hope to get response from other's as well
No fast track option.
As others have said, the risk of your parents requiring medical treatment could also be an issue.
Visitors need to "visit", a TRV is not really meant to be used for long term stays.

I think you need to look at how you can arrange care for them in their home country.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Baloo said:
No fast track option.
As others have said, the risk of your parents requiring medical treatment could also be an issue.
Visitors need to "visit", a TRV is not really meant to be used for long term stays.

I think you need to look at how you can arrange care for them in their home country.
There is also one other choice. If the OP is worried about his parents, he shouldn't emigrate.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nano24482 said:
The only way to bring ur parents soon will be visiting visa.

But please note that under this category they won't be getting any medical insurance and any treatment done will be very costly. Considering that you are new and will have limited resources, it will be unwise to bring your parents initially.

Try for visiting visa once you get your targetted job. Once that is done get a medical insurance for them either from Canada or your home country(it will be costly as they maybe around 60 or more).

What I am trying to say is that don't go on emotional urges, take your decision considering everything. At old age people need more medical care which will be cheaper in your home country.....
Whenever you call them make sure their medical needs are also fulfilled along with emotional needs.

Best of luck!!!
Very well said.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

There is also one other choice. If the OP is worried about his parents, he shouldn't emigrate.

If they are "at old age they need care" then why emigrate in the first place?

I did wonder about that :)

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well thanks alot for help and time............ it clear's my mind alot and will look how could i can sort it out..........

Best Regards,
cybervjs..................

cybervjs

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Well PMM its my Parent's wish that i should emigrate and that's what i'm trying to fulfilled but for that i can't leave my parents back there, i know it's difficult to understand for most of you, but that's something i care alot and they mean's alot for me.......................

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cybervjs said:
Well PMM its my Parent's wish that i should emigrate and that's what i'm trying to fulfilled but for that i can't leave my parents back there, i know it's difficult to understand for most of you, but that's something i care alot and they mean's alot for me.......................
I can understand the fact as they need care you can't leave your parents "back there", our parents wanting the best for us is easy to understand.
Maybe your parents accepted that you would emigrate without them, when they suggested that you move?

Best wishes for the future.

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
I think most Indians and Pakistanis can identify your situation. Not to mention that everyone's parents mean a lot to them(there may be a few exceptions).

The thing is that everyone here has sacrificed something or other during immigration process. You need to come to terms with it.

But there is no fast track option. Secondly, you can apply only after you have certain balance which you earn there and that too after 2 or 3 years(I m not very sure about this). So basically you can apply after lets say 3 years after that the processing will take 5 to 6 years. So total of 8 to 9 years.

Hence best option will be to get a visitor visa every now and then.

cybervjs said:

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
I'm thinking of bringing my mother to live with me in Canada (assuming I get PR)

If I go the visitor route, renewing her visa every 6 months, if they can extend it for me only 5 or 6 times, I would have completed 3 year requirement of being eligible for citizenship, then I'll apply for my citizenship and go back to my home country with my mother ... any comments?

the only catch is that they might not extend the visa 5 times, I still have my brother living back in home country who'd be willing to take care of her for a few months. So if her visa is extended only 4 times, that might still work for me, 3 times might starting becoming difficult

any comments?

P.S.: an even better idea ... I have to fulfill 3 year requirement in 4 years ... so I can be away from Canada 3 months every year ... so what if I do this every year:

9 months in Canada, my mother lives with me for first 6 months w/o extension, another 3 months with 1 extension

and I keep doing that every year for 4 years ... or some combination of this and the previous idea

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
danhass said:
If I go the visitor route, renewing her visa every 6 months, if they can extend it for me only 5 or 6 times, I would have completed 3 year requirement of being eligible for citizenship, then I'll apply for my citizenship and go back to my home country with my mother ... any comments?
This won't work. If you are sponsoring a parent, you must be living in Canada regardless of whether you are a Canadian citizen or PR. Canadian citizens can sponsor spouses while living outside of Canada - but they cannot sponsor parents. To sponsor a parent, you must be living in Canada.