No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
scenario:
Got PR as family but one of our child born after our PR approval so we brought her with us on ETA being from visa waiver country passport valid for 6 months canada visa.

On family arrival in canada we applied as child sponsor PR visa and received COPR last week (10 months wait) When called CIC to book appointment as instructed in covering letter to fulfil landing process onshore they refused saying on file there is no active visa as eta one expired in June this year ( we landed last December) actually we didn’t know that we need visa untill or is approved.

So CIC indicates to use exit/ entry
point either via airport or USA port via road.

My question is if this not raising any complications and if there is any other way to justify all this. I was totally naive about this processes and being mother of another 2 months child (born canada) cannot travel as new born have no passport even.

Your advise will be highly appreciated

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
scenario:
Got PR as family but one of our child born after our PR approval so we brought her with us on ETA being from visa waiver country passport valid for 6 months canada visa.

On family arrival in canada we applied as child sponsor PR visa and received COPR last week (10 months wait) When called CIC to book appointment as instructed in covering letter to fulfil landing process onshore they refused saying on file there is no active visa as eta one expired in June this year ( we landed last December) actually we didn’t know that we need visa untill or is approved.

So CIC indicates to use exit/ entry
point either via airport or USA port via road.

My question is if this not raising any complications and if there is any other way to justify all this. I was totally naive about this processes and being mother of another 2 months child (born canada) cannot travel as new born have no passport even.

Your advise will be highly appreciated
You failed to maintain your child's visitor status and s/he is now in Canada illegally. You can try going through your MP to get IRCC to land your child inside of Canada but they can refuse.

If you are close to the Canada-US border, it would be far easier and faster to just flagpole.

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
You failed to maintain your child's visitor status and s/he is now in Canada illegally. You can try going through your MP to get IRCC to land your child inside of Canada but they can refuse.

If you are close to the Canada-US border, it would be far easier and faster to just flagpole.
Thanks for reply
We are just 100 kms away from canada USA border. So need to know if this is safe via road and will not cause any issues further related to illegal status that we got by mistake. Reason am asking as wil have to leave my 2 months old in canada and will not stay away more than 5-6 hrs due to breast feed

Should I call IRCC again about USA border (flag pole assuring) that there will be no issues or don’t worry to call again

Please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for reply
We are just 100 kms away from canada USA border. So need to know if this is safe via road and will not cause any issues further related to illegal status that we got by mistake. Reason am asking as wil have to leave my 2 months old in canada and will not stay away more than 5-6 hrs due to breast feed

Should I call IRCC again about USA border (flag pole assuring) that there will be no issues or don’t worry to call again

Please advise
It is CBSA that lands people at the border, not IRCC, so there is no point in calling again.

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
It is CBSA that lands people at the border, not IRCC, so there is no point in calling again.
Thanks for quick reply
I believe we need ESTA for all non Canadian passports for USA to cross border

Please confirm

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for quick reply
I believe we need ESTA for all non Canadian passports for USA to cross border

Please confirm
You don't need to enter the US. US CBP will give you an admin refusal and turn you back around to Canada.

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
You don't need to enter the US. US CBP will give you an admin refusal and turn you back around to Canada.
Thanks for replying

I would also like to know if I can take my another 2 months Canadian born child along with (who have birth certificate but no passport yet) due to frequent feeding.
Planning to do Flagpole (preferring admin refusal at USA PoE)

Secondly, before going should I call CBSA at POE and ask if immigration officer timings and schedule or i need not worry ?

We are planning Wednesday or Thursday either rainbow or Peace Bridge ( which one is preferred)

Thanks again for mentoring and guidance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replying

I would also like to know if I can take my another 2 months Canadian born child along with (who have birth certificate but no passport yet) due to frequent feeding.
Planning to do Flagpole (preferring admin refusal at USA PoE)

Secondly, before going should I call CBSA at POE and ask if immigration officer timings and schedule or i need not worry ?

We are planning Wednesday or Thursday either rainbow or Peace Bridge ( which one is preferred)

Thanks again for mentoring and guidance
Have the baby's birth certificate.

Yes, call CBSA. Several crossings, especially Rainbow Bridge, have specific times where they will land people.