+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to ask for my children status application?

Hangbachtam

Apr 27, 2024
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me. My husband is a Canadian citizen, we are living and working in Montreal Quebec. We submitted the sponsorship application for my children in April 2022, and they had a medical examination in January 2023. We asked a lawyer to submit all the documents and pay for the sponsorship application. But until now we have not received any information about our children's permanent resident status, so we still cannot pick up our children. I am very sad and wish to be near my children, please tell us how to check the application and where I can ask for documents for my children. We thank you very much!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What has your lawyer said? Any other correspondence from IRCC?

I'd suggest you find out how to access the portal to see the status. You can also inquire through your MP's office.

Hangbachtam

Apr 27, 2024
The lawer said that, IRCC answer they are too busy, so my document has not solve yet:(. I d’ont know how to check PR processing also.Please show me how to access the portal to see the status. Thank you so much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The lawer said that, IRCC answer they are too busy, so my document has not solve yet:(. I d’ont know how to check PR processing also.Please show me how to access the portal to see the status. Thank you so much!
Start with this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.htmli

Again, suggest you try through your MP's office.

This case is a bit unusual, most children's cases do not take close to two years. You should know if there's something about your profile that should hold things up.

I find your lawyer's response - if that is what they actually wrote - very low quality. I suggest you get from them the applicaiton number, a copy of all correspondence from IRCC, and copies of EVERYTHING submitted by them. These are very straightforward and simple requests (that I believe they should have given you from the beginning and as things proceed).

If they have access to gckey profile (ask them), they should be able to give you a screen printout of the status shown in that. (There are multiple systems so it can be a bit confusing).

Is this a Canadian lawyer?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You can also try this:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

And search for gckey . I believe for gckey you may have to revoke your lawyer's access/profile or override it, don't remember. But start with the other ones.

I would also suggest you order gcms notes but start with your MP's office (search for gcms notes later). It's not hard to order gcms notes but clearly you seem a little overwhelmed and not knowledgeable as it stands right now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You should also consider applying for visitors visas for the children.

[I wrote for students earlier, that was just a typo]

Last edited:
Reactions: Hangbachtam