+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply US Visa for Live In Caregiver?

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Hi there,

Is any of you had experience applying a US visa for vacation? What are the requirements? If you have some links, please attach it here.

Thanks

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Go on this website then you will know how to apply US visa, but it take loooong time to received your passport after you approved. I applied on end of September and received my passport in first week of December. I didn't bring any letter from my employer and they didn't ask, I think they just want to see you if have vaild work visa and retuen backt to Canada. Good luck!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
europegirl said:
Hi there,

Is any of you had experience applying a US visa for vacation? What are the requirements? If you have some links, please attach it here.

Thanks
My friend applied last week and she got refusal. She's been here for almost 3 years. She doesn't have OWP yet. The reason for the refusal, she needs to be 1 year working with her current employer )): She started with her current employer Jan 2012. But in my case, I applied last March and I'm just 5 months working with my current employer back then and I got approved. It's not her luck yet.

canadapr79

Nov 20, 2012
Hi! Can our nanny apply for a US visa if we're working in the US temporarily? What visa can she apply for, and how long is the processing? Has anyone done this before? Any tips/thoughts will be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadapr79 said:
Hi! Can our nanny apply for a US visa if we're working in the US temporarily? What visa can she apply for, and how long is the processing? Has anyone done this before? Any tips/thoughts will be welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Yes. B1/B2 Visa. Processing is 3 working days. But the appointment schedule takes awhile usually schedules are fully booked. You can submit your form DS160 online and after filling that form and pay the processing fee and that you can book an appointment.

canadapr79

Nov 20, 2012
honeysweetie said:
Yes. B1/B2 Visa. Processing is 3 working days. But the appointment schedule takes awhile usually schedules are fully booked. You can submit your form DS160 online and after filling that form and pay the processing fee and that you can book an appointment.
Thank you, honeysweetie. Is that okay, even if our nanny will be technically "working" for us in the US?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadapr79 said:
Thank you, honeysweetie. Is that okay, even if our nanny will be technically "working" for us in the US?
Yes, if you're nanny would like to come with you in the US.

Macghem

Apr 18, 2013
hi is it required to work at least one year with your current employer before you can apply for u.s visa? thank you

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Macghem said:
hi is it required to work at least one year with your current employer before you can apply for u.s visa? thank you
Yes, my friend got refusal for the reason she only work 10 months with her current employer at the time she applied B1/B2 visa.

ashmine

Sep 30, 2012
hello.. just join your topic because im looking for the same answer too.. i read here that you have atleast 1 year working in your current employer.. what if if you change employer but you almost 2 years here in canada.. and you are working for your current employer less than a year, is there a possibility to deny. is that 1 year working for the current employer or they meant that you have stay here in canada for atleadt 1 year.. i tried to apply that before with my first employer but i was working for them only for 7 months and they said i have to stay here in canada atleast 1 year before i apply..

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Re: How to apply US Visa for Live In Caregiver?

You should be staying in Canada for 1 year. I have applied mine at Ottawa. The officer asked me for a copy of the contract but i forgot ti bring a copy instead i gave him a letter from my employer stating that i will be only on holiday and will be coming back to work. Also i have prepared an itinerary, copy of my savings account, open work permit, registration of my vehicle. I was only asked why i wanted to go to US and where in the US will i be staying.

ashmine

Sep 30, 2012
how about if you dont have open permit, i only working permit can i go to US or can i approved applying for visitor visa if my employer needed me to come. i only have work permit.. i have not apply for my open permit and PR..

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
ashmine said:
how about if you dont have open permit, i only working permit can i go to US or can i approved applying for visitor visa if my employer needed me to come. i only have work permit.. i have not apply for my open permit and PR..
You can still apply even if you only have work permit and it is much better if your employer will give you a letter stating that you needed a US visa because you will be accompanying them on their holiday at US.

ashmine

Sep 30, 2012
what if , if i approved for the US visa with the letter of my employer. and i want to go to US by myself for a vacation. can i used those visa to go to US even without my employer with me..

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
ashmine said:
what if , if i approved for the US visa with the letter of my employer. and i want to go to US by myself for a vacation. can i used those visa to go to US even without my employer with me..
Then tell your employer to state in the letter that you will be accompanying them on their holidays in the US or you will be on your holiday by yourself. That is how my employer states on the letter he gave me.