+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for your temporary resident visa

David Stone

Apr 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Obtain a temporary resident visa application package.
2. Read the instruction guide.
3. Complete the application forms and attach the necessary documents.
4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.
5. Submit the application form and necessary documents.

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear BALO,
I am oblige you to reply me.N0w, i want to ask you that visit visa or TRV visa both are not same?
plz explain.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalidhaider said:
Dear BALO,
I am oblige you to reply me.N0w, i want to ask you that visit visa or TRV visa both are not same?
plz explain.
Many people call a TRV a "visitor visa" ***.

***Note A TRV can be issued for a visitor, a student, or a worker

If you want to visit and are not from a visa exempt country, then you need a (TRV) Temporary Resident Visa.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

From the CIC website:

"Depending on where you live, and the reason for your visit, you will need to meet certain entry requirements. In some cases, if you plan to stay in Canada for a certain period of time, you will need a Temporary Resident Visa."

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Three types of TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) - visitor, worker, student.

khalidhaider said:
Dear BALO,
plz explain.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, hands up - guilty of trying to limit my reply to the visitor thread :( My bad.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256E2.asp

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).

Post edited

khalidhaider

Sep 9, 2010
Dear Baloo,
You are really great person, and helpful man.I am thankful to you to provide me information about
visit visa to Canada. Is there any point in FSW programme to visit Canada while ur application in
queue? Dear Baloo,if i need further information regarding visit visa to canada,then i will contact you.
Thank so much.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
For a person applying for a TRV, having a partner, spouse, or significant other in Canada, sometimes is a "flag" to the officer processing the application. Read on dual intent before you send in the TRV application. By point in FSW program, do you mean will it help your application, add points? I don't think so.

khalidhaider said:
Dear Baloo,
You are really great person, and helpful man.I am thankful to you to provide me information about
visit visa to Canada. Is there any point in FSW programme to visit Canada while ur application in
queue? Dear Baloo,if i need further information regarding visit visa to canada,then i will contact you.
Thank so much.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Adaptability factor, if you have a relative in Canada. You have a Canadian spouse? Have him or her sponsor you.

Spouse's or common-law partner's education 3-5 points
Minimum one year of full-time authorized work in Canada 5 points
Minimum two years of full-time authorized post-secondary study in Canada 5 points
Informal job offer in Canada 0
Points received under the Arranged Employment Factor 5 points
Family relationship in Canada 5 points

Nothing here that states an additional 5 points if you have traveled to Canada.

khalidhaider said:
Dear job seeker,
I hope that u will fine, i mean in FSW programme about adaptability factor. plz confirm and reply.
Thanks