+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for Professional Immigrant also have blood relation in Canada!

hurrah

Aug 25, 2012
Hi,

Scenario
I have completed my bachelors in Business management. 16 year degree completed. My Brother who is also British National has a Permanent Residency in Ontario, Canada. Moved with his family (wife and kids) last year. He is earning handsome and has a proper Managerial Job.

I am looking forward to apply move Canada. My Mum lives here in home country (Non UK). I have several visits in UK as a visitor in the last couple of years and before.

Now, if I have to move to Canada, how can I apply as I think I cannot apply for Family sponsorship visa, because it is for siblings who are dependant and under 18 I guess.

I want to find a job when I reach there, and start applying. Meanwhile I can support my expenses from my Land Income, Building Rentals and Freelancing. I have a 2 year work experience as a manager in one of the most reputable positions and companies.

Now how can I get the Permanent Residency or Professional Immigration to Canada.

I will highly appreciate for helping me out.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your brother cannot sponsor you through the family class stream.

You will have to qualify to immigrate independently through the federal skilled worker or one of the provincial streams. Depending on which stream you apply through, you may get additional points for having a brother in Canada. Start reading here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

hurrah

Aug 25, 2012
Thanks a lot scylla

There is not option available for me as they are closed from July 1, 2012. But anyways thanks. If you have any further advice that will be very helpful for me.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hurrah said:
Thanks a lot scylla

There is not option available for me as they are closed from July 1, 2012. But anyways thanks. If you have any further advice that will be very helpful for me.

It is expected to reopen in January 2013. They announced the proposed new law last Friday - see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html for a summary and links to some relevant sources.