+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for Open Work Permit for Spouse?

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
livingwater said:
There are some rumors about spouse work permit for SPP programme starting this Jan 2014.
Is that true? One of the agents I spoke with provided me one link for the same.
Has canada started student spouse application under SPP?
What is it all abt? can u provide that link?

har123

Dec 29, 2013
raj_009 said:
For all of you who intend to take ur spouse along, here is the info u all are looking for. My friend did it in 2012 july for his sep intake and got his and wife's visa with TRV & OWP. I am too applying for sep intake with my spouse, just admission letter is awaited. Here are the details:

1) u may apply online together for ur study permit and ur spouse's TRV with OWP. As an alternate, u may 1st apply only for ur SP and after u get it and land in canada, u may apply online for TRV and OWP for ur spouse.
2) U need to choose Work permit (LMO exempt category), since this is the category applicable for spouse visa where no LMO is reqd. If u choose with LMO, u need to submit the LMO, failing to do which might create complexions.
3) When applying separetely for spouse TRV and OWP, u need to upload ur won SP along with ur marriage certificate, proof of funds( normally 4000CAD ) to support spouse living expenses. Letter of intention stating why she/he should come to canada and her/his stong ties to ur home country to hint the VO that u both shall return to ur home country after ur studies and that purpose of spouse visit is only fulfilling basic emotional support.
4) u need to upload docs only those that are mentioned and asked for online. dont upload anything additional since that will call for delays and intricacies. ATB______________
thanks raj for uploading this meaningful info....

msajid

Sep 26, 2015
Apply for spouse open work permit with dependent CHILD

I am trying to apply for open work permit for spouse from outside canada along with one child.
in "find out if your eligible to apply" tool theres a question which says Why is your family member visiting Canada?

options are visit- tourism, visit - all other types, studies less than 6 months, studies more than 6 months, work-in permit exempted, work LMIA requuired, work-open work permit, and transit.

which options I must select for my CHILD

canadaforashiea

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014 failed
File Transfer...
God is good. Praying
Med's Request
God is good. Praying
Med's Done....
God is good. Praying
Passport Req..
God is good. Praying
VISA ISSUED...
Amazing God
LANDED..........
In God I trust. Will continue to spread the goodness of Almighty
msajid said:
Apply for spouse open work permit with dependent CHILD

I am trying to apply for open work permit for spouse from outside canada along with one child.
in "find out if your eligible to apply" tool theres a question which says Why is your family member visiting Canada?

options are visit- tourism, visit - all other types, studies less than 6 months, studies more than 6 months, work-in permit exempted, work LMIA requuired, work-open work permit, and transit.

which options I must select for my CHILD
Same inquiry, im waiting fr my passport,hopefully this week.
then apply fr husband and gur.
can somebody please,and can i usemycuc or a new one?