+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for Home child care new pilot program

Manaaal

Apr 1, 2020
Hello everyone ,I'm new here and I want your help.
How can I apply on line for this new program and what about the douments .
I'm married and I have a son (13 years) so they will go with me
And I have my daughter who already study in canada but she is in other province so she won't be with us ,but I want to includ her in PR application.
So what should I do .

Reactions: BridgeCable

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hello everyone ,I'm new here and I want your help.
How can I apply on line for this new program and what about the douments .
I'm married and I have a son (13 years) so they will go with me
And I have my daughter who already study in canada but she is in other province so she won't be with us ,but I want to includ her in PR application.
So what should I do .
For your daughter in another province, you can still include her in your application, depends on how far she has gone in her studies, she can be included either as an extension of study permit or work permit. https://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/are-you-ready-to-send-in-your-work.html?m=1

But also definition of dependent for Canada immigration purpose is locked in at 22years.
I hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Manaaal

Mayan Rima

Sep 3, 2018
For your daughter in another province, you can still include her in your application, depends on how far she has gone in her studies, she can be included either as an extension of study permit or work permit. https://caregiverimmigration.blogspot.com/2020/04/are-you-ready-to-send-in-your-work.html?m=1

But also definition of dependent for Canada immigration purpose is locked in at 22years.
I hope this helps
Hi I have normal open work permit based to my husband is student and I have all the requirements can I apply for home childcare provider or I need spatial work permit

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
If you have an open work permit because of your husband's study permit, you will not be allowed to work beyond the validity of your husband's study permit, i.e at the end of your husband's study you will all have to leave the country if hes not given a post graduation work permit. You should apply for the home support worker pilot and include your husband and child in the application (essentially, you become the sponsoring spouse now instead of your husband)
You should still contact IRCC for advice though.

Mayan Rima

Sep 3, 2018
If you have an open work permit because of your husband's study permit, you will not be allowed to work beyond the validity of your husband's study permit, i.e at the end of your husband's study you will all have to leave the country if hes not given a post graduation work permit. You should apply for the home support worker pilot and include your husband and child in the application (essentially, you become the sponsoring spouse now instead of your husband)
You should still contact IRCC for advice though.
I already have 24 months experience here in Canada and my husband still PhD student

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
If you are saying that you already have 24months of caregiving experience in Canada, then what you shoukd be applying for is permanent residence and not work permit. Permanent residence for your entire family.

Thoma156s

Jun 16, 2020
Yes, you are right. Thanks!
If you are saying that you already have 24months of caregiving experience in Canada, then what you shoukd be applying for is permanent residence and not work permit. Permanent residence for your entire family.

Shullyewoma

Jul 7, 2020
I have a one year experience of care giving here in Nigeria but I want to apply for caregiving job in Canada. I have a child who's a two year old and I'm looking to come over with her. How do I go about it and is it possible please?

Twinkleberry

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I have a one year experience of care giving here in Nigeria but I want to apply for caregiving job in Canada. I have a child who's a two year old and I'm looking to come over with her. How do I go about it and is it possible please?
Sure you can include your child in your application.

joyviyay

May 10, 2020
Hi, Im currently completing my requirements for this program (i completed the celpip,wes) ..Im already here in canada and im renewing my work permit and also im including my family's papers (they are not here with me). im just confused regarding my son 11yrs old and daughter 4yrs old student permit. do i need acceptance letter from DLI and proof of funds? thank you.