+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for CSQ after pr approval outside Quebec

Kbot87

Aug 5, 2021
Hello!

I have been approved for permanent residence to live in British Columbia, as per stated on my documents in my outland application. However, due to Covid, my husband who is originally from Quebec, decided to move back there and now we wish to reside there instead. How do I go about getting CSQ approval in this situation? As anyone had the same experience? I would like to enter Canada through Quebec, however I have been told I would not be permitted to do so. I have notified IRCC that I wish to move to Quebec instead, and have sent the schedule 9 form also. If anyone has some information that might be helpful please share! Thank you :)

Reactions: degm

yvanivanw

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
You mentioned that your husband is from QC and that you applied outland, so I assume you applied for your PR through spouse sponsorship.

You should've just landed in BC and then move to Quebec. Having notified IRCC of your intention to reside in QC will complicate the whole thing, causing some delay, definitely.

Reactions: Lc4life

degm

May 31, 2017
You mentioned that your husband is from QC and that you applied outland, so I assume you applied for your PR through spouse sponsorship.

You should've just landed in BC and then move to Quebec. Having notified IRCC of your intention to reside in QC will complicate the whole thing, causing some delay, definitely.
Well, obviously that didn't happen, so you can keep your non-contributing comment to yourself.

degm

May 31, 2017
Hello!

I have been approved for permanent residence to live in British Columbia, as per stated on my documents in my outland application. However, due to Covid, my husband who is originally from Quebec, decided to move back there and now we wish to reside there instead. How do I go about getting CSQ approval in this situation? As anyone had the same experience? I would like to enter Canada through Quebec, however I have been told I would not be permitted to do so. I have notified IRCC that I wish to move to Quebec instead, and have sent the schedule 9 form also. If anyone has some information that might be helpful please share! Thank you :)

Inform your Visa Office through e-mail/webform and they will notify CIO to send your husband a letter of approval to sponsor you. You submit that letter + other required documents to MIFI to obtain a CSQ. Once approved they will send it to your VO, who in turn should send a new CoPR with updated information.

Reactions: Kbot87

Kbot87

Aug 5, 2021
Inform your Visa Office through e-mail/webform and they will notify CIO to send your husband a letter of approval to sponsor you. You submit that letter + other required documents to MIFI to obtain a CSQ. Once approved they will send it to your VO, who in turn should send a new CoPR with updated information.
I have been sent a request letter to obtain the CSQ independently and send it back to IRCC myself. I have no idea how to do that, there is no information regarding this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello!

Were you sponsored by your husband through family sponsorship?

Kbot87

Aug 5, 2021
Yes. I have been sent a request from Canada Immigration to apply for the CSQ, we have sent our application and are now waiting for the approval.
Thank you again very much for your help, we have sent our application and are now waiting for approval. Much appreciated!!