+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to answer " have you ever used any other name?" in Express entry

Aug 20, 2019
I have a question regarding "have you used any other name"? When I applied for the provincial nominee, I said yes to this question as my grandparents used to call me another name. However, I realized that if I say yes in the Express Entry application, it would ask me to provide LoE and any legal documents. In this case, what should I do? I am also worried that the IRCC would find out if I say NO to this question. Thank you!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question regarding "have you used any other name"? When I applied for the provincial nominee, I said yes to this question as my grandparents used to call me another name. However, I realized that if I say yes in the Express Entry application, it would ask me to provide LoE and any legal documents. In this case, what should I do? I am also worried that the IRCC would find out if I say NO to this question. Thank you!!
They meant have you ever used another name in any legal capacity or in any of your documents. They are NOT asking about a nickname from your grandparents.

Reactions: HappyBubbleBee
Aug 20, 2019
They meant have you ever used another name in any legal capacity or in any of your documents. They are NOT asking about a nickname from your grandparents.
Yeah I realized how stupid I was while applying for the provincial nominee... Sorry just one more question, do you think I would have any trouble if I filled out the same question with different answers in the provincial and EE application?I applied both streams but the provincial one will be processed next year...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah I realized how stupid I was while applying for the provincial nominee... Sorry just one more question, do you think I would have any trouble if I filled out the same question with different answers in the provincial and EE application?I applied both streams but the provincial one will be processed next year...
As long as you include a letter of explanation, it should be fine.

Aug 20, 2019
As long as you include a letter of explanation, it should be fine.
So Sorry, so should I say YES and attach a letter under "Legal Name Change Doc" or say No and then upload a general explaination letter? i guess should be the second one. But still want you to confirm..i am a very struggled person

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Your nickname is not one that was used anywhere legally.
It was not used in any educational and professional background. So you do not have any other name other than your given name.

If ever you have used different spellings for your name, included or excluded middle/last name on any of the documents, then you are to answer it as YES. And provide a self declaration of the same.
Otherwise, it's a NO. If you have made a blunder here, explain it in letter of explanation.

Aug 20, 2019
Your nickname is not one that was used anywhere legally.
It was not used in any educational and professional background. So you do not have any other name other than your given name.

If ever you have used different spellings for your name, included or excluded middle/last name on any of the documents, then you are to answer it as YES. And provide a self declaration of the same.
Otherwise, it's a NO. If you have made a blunder here, explain it in letter of explanation.
Yeah I made a mistake in my provincial nominee application.. should I say NO to this question and explain it in a general letter of explanation?

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi, Please help me here as I'm a bit confused. I have an english name which is more like a nick name and I never used it legally. I use it at work and now at my payslips that english name is reflecting. Do I need to declare "have you used any other name?" as "yes"?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, Please help me here as I'm a bit confused. I have an english name which is more like a nick name and I never used it legally. I use it at work and now at my payslips that english name is reflecting. Do I need to declare "have you used any other name?" as "yes"?
Yes, otherwise how would you justify the payslips are yours? I think you have to attach an affidavit for that as well but not sure.