+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to answer: 'Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before'

abhinav2611

Jun 13, 2019
I have a business visitor (B-1) visa for Canada issued in 2014. Now I am applying for PR through express entry. How should I answer the question 'Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before'?

If the answer is YES, should I also fill UCI number? Where do I find UCI on the visa sticker?

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
I have a business visitor (B-1) visa for Canada issued in 2014. Now I am applying for PR through express entry. How should I answer the question 'Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before'?
If t answer is YES, should I also fill UCI number? Where do I find UCI on the visa sticker?

If the answer is YES, should I also fill UCI number? Where do I find UCI on the visa sticker?
You should say yes. The UIC number is the last number on the filing section just above the “ property of government of Canada.

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
You should say yes. The UIC number is the last number on the filing section just above the “ property of government of Canada.
In a kinda different situation but on the issue of the Have you applied before to IRCC and to Express Entry before.

What I've been getting a ton of contradictory info is on the matter that :
1) If someone does not have a UCI and did not accept an ITA, they need to select: NO, they have never applied to IRCC, nor to Express Entry before. But herein lay Doubt #1 : When I did submit my express entry profile over a year ago I did receive a pdf acknowledgement from the IRCC system that contained my EE profile number, job seeker code AND a UCI number starting with CAN000********** So now in such a case should I answer YES or NO to the ""Have I ever applied to IRCC before" (I was not fortunate to receive an ITA despite a 471 score)

Query #2: I did submit a few EOI applications to a couple of provincial nominee programs like Saskatchewan, PEI, Manitoba etc. Though no successful PNP nomination granted yet. So now considering that I had a previously expired EE profile (no ITA grant) and that I've applied through EOIs to other provinces aside from the EE system (but no PNP grant.. yet) so is it correct to answer YES, applied to IRCC and Yes, applied to EE before when I submit a new profile ?? (as I do have a UCI id number too, though it begins with CAN and isn't a 8/10 digit number) or should I state NO, have never applied to IRCC and never to EE before? ... won't they see that as someone trying to hide a previously expired EE submission (I have NO intent to hide or supress any info wanna be as honest and transparent as possible)

Clarity and confirmation on this would be immensely appreciated!