+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add Spouse to existing PR application

Mdx31

Apr 1, 2018
Hi guys,

I am a Protected Person, applied for Permanent Residence on March 2018, I got married a few days ago. And I want to add her to my application.

I already used the "contact us" tool on the cic website to notify cic about my marital status change. But I'm not sure if am taking the right steps.

if someone knows how to proceed in this particular case. Please share any information thank you

Reactions: ozkan190

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
Hi ı am same sitution with you. How did you solve this problem. I am protected person. And my girlfriend will come here and we will marry. And we are think to apply and ı wanna add her. Is ıt possible

Mdx31

Apr 1, 2018
Hi ı am same sitution with you. How did you solve this problem. I am protected person. And my girlfriend will come here and we will marry. And we are think to apply and ı wanna add her. Is ıt possible
After you get married you have to notify immigration using the "contact us" tool on the cic website, they will tell you the what are the next steps.

I did it and my wife and I got PR and she is with me in Canada

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
I just wonder if she come here, and we get married i dont wanna send her home country, will she stay here when she is waiting for pr?

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I married her abroad because she didn't have a visitor visa after that I included her in my permanent residence application.
I applied for PR application on Sep 2018, got married on June 2019, added my husband on Sep 2019, and since then I didn’t heard from them. But 2 days ago they sent me email asking for my husband’s biometric fees.

Your situation kind of similar to mine, would you mind telling me the timeline and what documents they have asked?

you gave me hope, 6 months is really good to have her in Canada. I hope you a happy life!

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I applied for PR application on Sep 2018, got married on June 2019, added my husband on Sep 2019, and since then I didn’t heard from them. But 2 days ago they sent me email asking for my husband’s biometric fees.

Your situation kind of similar to mine, would you mind telling me the timeline and what documents they have asked?

you gave me hope, 6 months is really good to have her in Canada. I hope you a happy life!
Hello dear,

Can you please elaborate on how you added your spouse? I notified the IRCC that I got married. The IRCC said they notified the CPC in Mississauga and that they will contact me. But it is been a month I did not receive anything? Thanks.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello dear,

Can you please elaborate on how you added your spouse? I notified the IRCC that I got married. The IRCC said they notified the CPC in Mississauga and that they will contact me. But it is been a month I did not receive anything? Thanks.
Did they mention the add-on in the email they have send you? If so then just send the documents they asked for. It happened to me I notified them, they sent an email saying the responsible office will contact you and talk about sponsoring (which I can't do because I am not a PR yet) and never heard from then. I send a web form again saying that I want to add my spouse to my PR application and they send me the same email but this time with instructions on how to do the add-on such as the documents I must send and the address.
So contact the IRCC again saying specifically that you want to add your husband to your PR application as soon as possible.
Hope that helped!

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Did they mention the add-on in the email they have send you? If so then just send the documents they asked for. It happened to me I notified them, they sent an email saying the responsible office will contact you and talk about sponsoring (which I can't do because I am not a PR yet) and never heard from then. I send a web form again saying that I want to add my spouse to my PR application and they send me the same email but this time with instructions on how to do the add-on such as the documents I must send and the address.
So contact the IRCC again saying specifically that you want to add your husband to your PR application as soon as possible.
Hope that helped!
Thank you so much. I told them that I want to add my spouse to my application. But in their email they only say that;

“We verified the information you provided regarding your civil status update and have forwarded them to the responsible office.They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application”

There is no instructions about how to add my spouse in their email. I will get your advice and send them another request through Web Form. Thanks again.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hope that helped!
Hello dear,
Can you please answer this question for me? After I send the Add-On request along with other required forms and proof of payment, do they inform me of their receipt? And if yes, how long does it take? I sent new forms to CPC Mississauga for adding my spouse and as they had requested, I wrote “ADD-ON”on the envelope and on the each form. Thanks.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello dear,
Can you please answer this question for me? After I send the Add-On request along with other required forms and proof of payment, do they inform me of their receipt? And if yes, how long does it take? I sent new forms to CPC Mississauga for adding my spouse and as they had requested, I wrote “ADD-ON”on the envelope and on the each form. Thanks.
I actually sent the add-on on 30 sep, and then on 11 October, I got the eligibility email along with a request of IMM008 listing my spouse, marriage certificate, and the application fees($550) which implies that they haven't yet seen my documents (add-on) since I have already sent all of these information. So what I did is that I send them what they requested again! So I can't really help, I am so sorry:(