Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feburary 22 2013
LANDED..........
Soon !
Im looking for some advice on how to go about this. I have done my share of research but any input would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I turned our application in March of this year. We got our sponsorship approval June 27th. We've been waiting ever since. My husband is a natural born Canadian citizen. I am currently waiting out our application in the US. Our daughter was born September 8th and now Im confused on how to add her. I have also seen some say that the baby would need a medical exam. Is this true for an 8 week old ? Any advice ?

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
You do not need to add your daughter to the PR application (but she should be added as a family member already in Canada) she is Canadian by birth, your husband will need to get a copy of her birth certificate, a copy of his birth certificate copy of his passport and fill out the application and pay the $75 fee get 2 immigration photos and send it in they will mail her citizenship card to him. Good Luck!

Application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0001E.pdf

After April 2009, Canadian parents can only pass citizenship to their children born outside of Canada if at least one parent:

was born in Canada
is a naturalized Canadian citizen
The rules may also affect children adopted by Canadian parents outside Canada, depending on how the child obtained, or will obtain, citizenship. Learn more about the 2009 citizenship law and adoption.

How to Apply for a Canadian Citizenship Certificate for a Child Born Outside Canada

A child born to a Canadian parent and meeting certain requirements is a Canadian citizen at birth. To determine if your child, born outside Canada, is a Canadian citizen at birth, please see New Citizenship Rules. Proof of the child's citizenship, in the form of a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (CCC) can be applied for at any time after the child's birth. The following documentation will need to be presented:

A completed application form | PDF * (338 KB).
Two photographs of the child as per the specifications.
The child's official record of birth which establishes the relationship between the child and the Canadian parent.
The original of the parent's document which establishes his/her own Canadian citizenship. This is usually a birth certificate.
The prescribed fee of $75. Payment by cheque is not accepted.

Jessicakez

Apr 17, 2012
Montana
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27 2012
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
June 27 2012
Med's Done....
December 15 2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feburary 22 2013
LANDED..........
Soon !
One more question. What would I do about her passport ? Can I file for her Canadian citizenship yet apply for a US passport ? Im so lost.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Your baby if traveling by non-commerical vehicle into Canada will not need a passport until the age of 16. she will be able to hold passports in both countries, so yes, you can apply for her Canadian Citizenship and still apply for a passport for the US if you need one...