+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to add my fingerprints to citizenship file?

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello Members,

I recently applied for Citizenship and received my AOR and they asked me for fingerprints during the PR process and I am sure they are going to ask them now. So I am thinking of getting them done beforehand and sending them to CIC. But would sending it to CPC-sydney do the job or should I wait for the request?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Officer Green

Nov 10, 2017
Hello Members,

I recently applied for Citizenship and received my AOR and they asked me for fingerprints during the PR process and I am sure they are going to ask them now. So I am thinking of getting them done beforehand and sending them to CIC. But would sending it to CPC-sydney do the job or should I wait for the request?

Thank You.
Suggestion: Wait for a request.
They send a letter with detailed instructions that you are supposed to show to the agency where your fingerprint is taken.
The place where they scan your fingerprint also sends the confirmation to CIC that your fingerprint has been taken.
Normally your FP is sent to your processing CIC (local CIC).
Also, you or RCMP may want to use the reference to let CIC know why it is being sent to the receiving CIC.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hello Members,

Thank You.
Do not send what they didn't even request. Send it if they request it.

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Hello Members,

Thank You.
Don't try to be over smart ... wait for instructions and see what they ask .... And once you receive letter for FP ... you've to take that letter with you to nearest police station and then get it done. ..... cheers

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hello Members,

Thank You.
By the time you take the test you may get involved in a crime so sending any thing like this in advance is not right. Wait for them if they require finger prints. And sending any thing like this in advance puts you under more scrutiny. Don't do..

Reactions: winpro

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Don't try to be over smart ... wait for instructions and see what they ask .... And once you receive letter for FP ... you've to take that letter with you to nearest police station and then get it done. ..... cheers
Check with your local police station first... I went to mine, and they said they don't do that here, and referred me to a number of RCMP accredited fingerprint locations... or, just look at the website and they have a listing of FP agencies there.

but yes, wait for the formal request.

cheers,

A.

lost_passport

Oct 9, 2017
If they got your finger print once for your PR, don't they already have your record (+finger print) in the system?
I thought they have that linked to your UCI and they can ask for an updated criminal record associated with the same finger prints.
Do you guys know if this is a routine practice for applicants who got a FP request during their PR process?