+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to accompany my spouse and kid to Canada ?

pradeepcc34

Feb 19, 2021
Hi Team,
I am working on L1A visa in USA (along with my spouse and kid) and I am planning to remote work from Canada (PR holder) for a USA client.
I have filed for my Canada PR as a single applicant and what can be done to accompany my spouse and kid to Canada ? What evidences should be showcased to prove that I can support them financially in Canada ? Or do I have to pay any Canadian taxes to help sponsor ?
Please suggest.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you didn’t include them on your application? You can move to Canada (they don’t) and once settled start the sponsorship process. Takes about a year. Or they can try to apply for visitor visas, and come with you. They need to show strong ties to home country and funds to visit. You have a lower chance because you are PR and officers will know they are not visiting. If successful, you apply for PR once they are in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Team,
I am working on L1A visa in USA (along with my spouse and kid) and I am planning to remote work from Canada (PR holder) for a USA client.
I have filed for my Canada PR as a single applicant and what can be done to accompany my spouse and kid to Canada ? What evidences should be showcased to prove that I can support them financially in Canada ? Or do I have to pay any Canadian taxes to help sponsor ?
Please suggest.
Thank you.
You should be adding them to your application. They need to be included as accompanying or not or you will never be able to sponsor them in the future. You also need to be compliant with your RO to sponsor your spouse and child.

Reactions: Buletruck

pradeepcc34

Feb 19, 2021
You should be adding them to your application. They need to be included as accompanying or not or you will never be able to sponsor them in the future. You also need to be compliant with your RO to sponsor your spouse and child.
I missed adding them as accompanying before obtaining my ITA (OINP). Can I request IRCC to provide an opportunity to add my spouse and kid to the application now ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I missed adding them as accompanying before obtaining my ITA (OINP). Can I request IRCC to provide an opportunity to add my spouse and kid to the application ?
Not quite sure how you could miss including your wife and child but you must add them asap.

pradeepcc34

Feb 19, 2021
Not quite sure how you could miss including your wife and child but you must add them asap.
Long story, cannot explain the whole deal here. Having said that, "Can I request IRCC to provide an opportunity to add my spouse and kid to the application" ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry but you are not actually helping. How can I add them now? I have received my ITA as a single applicant already.
Ask your question in the Express Entry section of the forum. There are multiple threads there dealing with changing dependents to accompanying post ITA.

I'm assuming you didn't actually apply as single - but rather listed your spouse and child as non-accompanying in your application. So what you need to do now is simply change them from non-accompanying to accompanying.