+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How the assault charge on me affects sponsoring my husband to get a PR

Bobafire

Dec 10, 2022
Hi all.
I married my husband this March and submitted the sponsorship application for him to get his PR. The application is in progress is from early August 2022.

in early December 2022, I was arrested and charged for assault 266CC and harassment for repeated communication, TO MY EX-BOYFRIEND. Yea, we still have some kind of connections before this.
How will this affects my husband’s application since it’s already in process for like 4 months the process sounds like taking around 6 months, and he is also in Canada with work permit.

Thank you!

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi all.
I married my husband this March and submitted the sponsorship application for him to get his PR. The application is in progress is from early August 2022.

in early December 2022, I was arrested and charged for assault 266CC and harassment for repeated communication, TO MY EX-BOYFRIEND. Yea, we still have some kind of connections before this.
How will this affects my husband’s application since it’s already in process for like 4 months the process sounds like taking around 6 months, and he is also in Canada with work permit.

Thank you!
Section 266 is the lowest form of basic assault often referred to as "assault simpliciter".IRCC will assess based on your case though. Good luck