+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How strict is Canadian immigration to fulfill 730days?

SaidaKhan

Apr 28, 2014
I travel to the US a lot. I need to go back how strict are they if I enter multiple times with expired card and with landed papers? I’ve lived in Canada for a long time and never applied for citizenship. My entire family are in Canada and Citizens. Bit the last 5 years I haven’t been able to be here for 2 years exactly. I never worried till now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I travel to the US a lot. I need to go back how strict are they if I enter multiple times with expired card and with landed papers? I’ve lived in Canada for a long time and never applied for citizenship. My entire family are in Canada and Citizens. Bit the last 5 years I haven’t been able to be here for 2 years exactly. I never worried till now.
You should avoid crossing the US border if you don’t meet your RO especially if you don’t have a valid PR card. Would expect that there is a high chance that you will be reported. The fact that you have a criminal record increases your chances of secondary.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you don't meet the RO, you haven't lived here for a long time.

You can be reported for failing to meet the RO during any entry. Having an expired PR definitely increases the risk of being reported. If you want to ensure you retain your status, don't leave until you once again meet the RO and have enough buffer to continue to meet the RO at each entry.