+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how soon should we apply??

AthinaK

Nov 13, 2013
As everyone is saying outland is the best way to go and that is what we are finally gonna do. My question is me and my husband will get married December 10 and will be landing in Montreal January 11. When do you think is the best to send out application . Can i do it from the next day we arrive??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
AthinaK said:
As everyone is saying outland is the best way to go and that is what we are finally gonna do. My question is me and my husband will get married December 10 and will be landing in Montreal January 11. When do you think is the best to send out application . Can i do it from the next day we arrive??
Can you confirm how exactly you are intending to go to Montreal? What visa does the non-resident have to enter Canada?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In that case, there is very little point in delaying the application. You can apply as soon as you like. However, you should be aware that he cannot "move" to Canada. If they suspect at the border that is his intention, they can refuse to allow him to enter Canada. This applies even if he is visa-exempt.

AthinaK

Nov 13, 2013
thanks so so much for the very helpful information. I know about the rule that is not allot to move with me until he gets accepted but i would like to ask you something more... if we apply and everything goes well i read that we can extende his visit with a visitor visa and if we do that is it possible for us to travel back to Greece in november for 2 weeks and come back to canada??? Again thanks so much

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
AthinaK said:
thanks so so much for the very helpful information. I know about the rule that is not allot to move with me until he gets accepted but i would like to ask you something more... if we apply and everything goes well i read that we can extende his visit with a visitor visa and if we do that is it possible for us to travel back to Greece in november for 2 weeks and come back to canada??? Again thanks so much
Hi Athina,

Fellow Greek here,
Send me a PM if you need any further assistance as to the apps!

Sakis

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
AthinaK said:
He can come visit Canada and stay with you in January. The border agent will probably just let him in as a visitor and not give any restriction as to how long he can stay, which would mean he can stay 6 months. About one month before that time expires, he applies to extend his stay. He is not landing in January in the immigration sense, by the way.
If he gets the extension, he can stay until November. Then when he leaves and then returns, he is once again just coming in as a tourist or visitor from a country where a visitor does not need a visa. You should have proof of your PR application with you when he returns in November. There should be no problem getting back in.

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
canadianwoman said:
He can come visit Canada and stay with you in January. The border agent will probably just let him in as a visitor and not give any restriction as to how long he can stay, which would mean he can stay 6 months. About one month before that time expires, he applies to extend his stay. He is not landing in January in the immigration sense, by the way.
If he gets the extension, he can stay until November. Then when he leaves and then returns, he is once again just coming in as a tourist or visitor from a country where a visitor does not need a visa. You should have proof of your PR application with you when he returns in November. There should be no problem getting back in.
Alternatively, he can actually apply again to extend THAT stay into 2015 if need be. :) The important thing is that when he first enters, he doesn't say he is moving to Canada, and he gives a defined date of departure. He shouldn't have piles of luggage with him :O

AthinaK

Nov 13, 2013
Guys really i can't thank you enough for all this useful information. We will buy our tickets with return dates also and our stuff isn't allot. So i don't think we will cause any doupts :D
Really thank you all so much.