+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should the offer letter be for claiming 50 points?

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Hi guys,

I meet the other requirements to claim 50 points for my job offer. My initial offer letter was valid until November 2017, but now I have an updated offer that is valid until December 2021. How should my offer letter (or reference letter to prove future employment) be? I think the HR is hesitant to put the words: one year after being granted the permanent residence, because they think it can impose certain additional obligations on them. They are ready to give a letter that states my duties, and all other details, and say that I will continue working here until 2021 (but not say: one year after the PR is granted). Would the VO just understand that since I am applying in early 2017 under Express Entry, my PR will be processed within this year, and an offer until 2021 would cover the one year requirement or does it need to be explicitly stated?

People that have claimed points and been successful, please help!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Do you have closed work visa or an lmia?

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
kryt0n said:
Do you have closed work visa or an lmia?
LMIA exempt (I am a postdoc) closed work permit with employer name on the work permit, have worked for the employer for one year. NOC: 2121, skill level: A

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
DelPiero07 said:
"A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
Yes, my offer is by one employer, I work 35 hours a week, not seasonal, and I have the T4 statements, pay slips etc, skill level: A

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funny how they are willing to write an offer until 2021 but not one for a year after receiving PR.

Yes, it should be fine.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
DelPiero07 said:
Funny how they are willing to write an offer until 2021 but not one for a year after receiving PR.

Yes, it should be fine.
I know! I'm trying to explain to them how express entry works.

Janaki Iyer

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
Canada
Janaki Iyer said:
Hi guys,

I meet the other requirements to claim 50 points for my job offer. My initial offer letter was valid until November 2017, but now I have an updated offer that is valid until December 2021. How should my offer letter (or reference letter to prove future employment) be? I think the HR is hesitant to put the words: one year after being granted the permanent residence, because they think it can impose certain additional obligations on them. They are ready to give a letter that states my duties, and all other details, and say that I will continue working here until 2021 (but not say: one year after the PR is granted). Would the VO just understand that since I am applying in early 2017 under Express Entry, my PR will be processed within this year, and an offer until 2021 would cover the one year requirement or does it need to be explicitly stated?

People that have claimed points and been successful, please help!
Other experts please!!