+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should I go about this problem...

Mushroom

Jan 17, 2011
Hi everyone,

This forum is jam-packed with useful information, and it's been a great resource for all of my questions regarding this application. Now, in about a week, I'll be sending this application off (finally!), but I was wondering if any of you have any information as to what to do in a case like mine...

To give a little back story, my wife is currently in South Korea (to prepare for our korean wedding) after our wedding here in Canada. She went there around mid February and we'll be having our korean wedding early May. Now the question arises from the fact that I'll be bringing her back here after the wedding in korea (we have been dating for 4 years, the last 2 years we lived together, all here in Canada), how should we prepare for her coming back here? When she comes this time, she will not have her visa as it expired mid-March (she was previously here on Student Visa and Working Visa).

We were planning on showing the marriage certificate (the one we received from here in toronto), and the payment receipt for this application that I'll be sending soon...would that be enough??? I heard from another couple that went through this process, that once they showed the marriage certificate, she got a 1 year visitor visa. Now we know that it is up to the individual and his/her mood and personality at the time that we'll be dealing with them (crossing fingers), but to be prepared as much as possible, we would like be prepared with whatever document that can prove our situation.

Sorry for the long read and I hope this community will shine light onto another one of my questions.

Thank you all in advance! :)

Regards,
Mushroom

deepiv

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.27/2011/ opened Feb.27/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent back, for misssing document
Nomination.....
FILE RECIEVED CPC-M MARCH.29/11
File Transfer...
APRIL.4/2011 RECIEVED ND-APRIL.11/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2011
Passport Req..
April.18/11
VISA ISSUED...
Interview- approved. waiting for pp
marriage certificate is a good one to keep in handy....and proof you sent off the application...

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mushroom - you can consider couple photos (many), any documents related to Toronto ceremony like invitation cards, bank statement if you have a joint bank account etc.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Mushroom - you can consider couple photos (many), any documents related to Toronto ceremony like invitation cards, bank statement if you have a joint bank account etc.
The marriage certificate and fees receipt should be enough.

Mushroom

Jan 17, 2011
Thank you all for your advice. So I guess we're going to be bringing our marriage certificate and the payment receipt for the application...and perhaps some parts of the application as well (mostly the evidence portion)? Hope that'll get us through as it will be extremely disappointing, and not to mention disheartening if things do not go well.

Thank you all once again and wish everyone all the best.