+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How POLO will enforce 3 additional contract requirements?

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I just sent a fax to the Philippines embassy since the old POLO fax number doesn't seem to exist anymore. I asked them how they plan to enforce the 3 new caregiver contarct requirements. I will post the reply when I get it.

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
Old POLO web site does not exist anymore. Here is the new information on POLO on the Philippines Embassy web site.
http://vancouverpcg.net/pcg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=154&Itemid=89

delon-che

Apr 6, 2010
excuse,,bago lang po kasi ako dito,,just want to get advice coz my problem din po ako sa polo,,coz until now my employer didnt sign yet the addendum.my employer is canadian,and until now i dont have any news from her if she is still interested in signning it.what will happen if my employer refused to sign it,,can i still come in canada even without the polo,thanks

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
As far as I understand, they won't give you an exit pass in the Philippines so you can't get a ticket to Canada until POLO clears you. To get around this, I know of caregivers who had a valid Canada work permit, who flew to Hong Kong as a tourist/shopping and bought a separate ticket to Canada. Don't tell or show your work permit at the Manila airport, otherwise they will ask for your exit pass. Don't go back to the Philippines until you have landed immigrant status in Canada, otherwise they won't let you leave PI till you are cleared from POLO. It's tto bad that POLO is asking employers for this because now new employers are looking for caregivers from other countries where there is less paperwork required. Filipinos should complain to their political representatives. A good solution to this problem and to eliminate POLO involvement, Canada Immigration should stipulate that the 3 additional requirements that is wanted by POLO be included in the original contract between the emplyer and employee. My understanding is that CIC does not want to get involved with the 3 additional requirements that POLO wants. Too bad that the Canadian Provincial authorities are letting POLO telling Canadian employers what to do. By the way, POLO has no authority to enforce the 3 additional requirements on the contract between the employer and employee. Just another Filipino scam in my opinion.

delon-che

Apr 6, 2010
Thanks for the advice,,Sir I think there is a possibility in the airport that they will see my work permit coz it was attached in my passport and I cant detached it,,What will be the best thing to do..Actually I'm thinking about your advice,,to fly first in hongkong the to canada..Do you think it is safe to do this way..i'm almost a month staying here in the phil since i got my visa,coz of the polo,,,thanks a lot,,Godbless

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I don't want to tell you what to do. I only know what was told to me by other Filipinos who came through Hong Kong. Are you still trying to contact your employer? Do you have a phone number for your emplyer? If you do send it to me privately.