+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How NOT to claim siblings points (to avoid documentation)

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
I was filling my Express Entry application and it asks if I have any siblings in Canada who are PR or citizens.
Even though I have siblings in Canada but I don't wish to claim points for it.
Should I answer it YES or NO?

-YES means I will have to provide additional documentation which I would like to avoid.
- NO means I will be providing false information.

I am not sure what should I do?

Thanks in advance to all who help me with their opinions :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others will comment but if you are asked any question and you knowingly answer that question dishonestly then that could be considered misrepresentation causing all sorts of issues for you that could be far more serious or time consuming than additional documentation.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Dear Bs65.
I agree. I don't wish to reply dishonestly.
However isn't reply this question similar to the question of spouse's work history.

Most of applicants don't claim points for spouse work experience. So prior to ITA, they fill it as no work experience and then mention it as part of personal history.

My dilemma is, what answer should I choose if I don't want to produce documentation for siblings.

toronto25

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also want to know....if we dont want to claim point then what should we answer?

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should Say yes for sibling in Canada. The system will allocate you 15 points automatically from 6th June.
If you donot want to claim these points just subtract 15 points and then your CRS should be above the cut off in the draw..While sending application explain in LOE that since you are unable to arrange documentation for sibling , you are not claiming points for sibling.

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
You should Say yes for sibling in Canada. The system will allocate you 15 points automatically from 6th June.
If you donot want to claim these points just subtract 15 points and then your CRS should be above the cut off in the draw..While sending application explain in LOE that since you are unable to arrange documentation for sibling , you are not claiming points for sibling.
This is exactly what I was also thinking to do.
This seems to be the safest route. Thanks.

hammadkhanz

Jul 2, 2017
Hi i just want to know the following

have you proceeded with this route was is successful?
is LOE is sufficient for not claiming the points
please do let me know as i am on the same boat

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
@hammadkhanz.
Yes. I just wrote that I don't wish to claim sibling points. and my score after not claiming sibling points is higher than the score in the round of invitation. It was okay.

Reactions: CAdreamerJGH

eshin

Dec 21, 2013

Hi everyone. I would like to know if it works out fine if someone clicks NO to no sibling or to click YES and explain in LOE for not want to claim extra point. I am thinking of clicking NO..kindly correct me if this will be a problem.

If anyone has gone through this or has a solution/suggestions please let me know.

eshin

Dec 21, 2013
I was filling my Express Entry application and it asks if I have any siblings in Canada who are PR or citizens.
Even though I have siblings in Canada but I don't wish to claim points for it.
Should I answer it YES or NO?

-YES means I will have to provide additional documentation which I would like to avoid.
- NO means I will be providing false information.

I am not sure what should I do?

Thanks in advance to all who help me with their opinions :)
How did it go?..kindly reply to guide others